What's the difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rpgaun

Premium Subscriber
In looking over the update to the RWC I have a question. I have TGs listed for simulcast of the VHF A -deck channels:
Alarm 1 is 1795 – K1
Alarm 1A is 1794 – K1A
A2 is 1743
A3 is 1742
A4 is 1741 and so on thru A10

What’s the difference with the new TGs listed in the update??

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
1795 is linked to VHF Ch.1.

1794 does not appear to be used anymore. In the past 1794 and 1795 were always patched together. Your scanner would receive one of the talkgroups based on how they had the patch set up. These talkgroups are no longer patched.

1743, 1742, 1741, etc were the old talkgroup assignments for the links to VHF frequencies. These links to VHF frequencies now have new talkgroup numbers and are encrypted.

Kars10az

Those links were used for only a short time during the transition from VHF to the trunked system and then were DC'd. FD originally swore to not encrypt the channels, so it really surprises me that you say that. Perhaps another agency within the RWC is now using those talkgroups. As far as I know, none of the VHF and trunked channels are patched together, including Channel 1. Channel 1 is simulcast. When the dispatcher keys up, they are actually keying up two separate radio systems, not just one that is patched to the other. The channel 1 operator also has the ability to transmit on only one of the radio systems at a time. There aren't very many reasons for doing that, but I've done it a few times.

Status
Not open for further replies.