Whats the funniest / Most serious

Status
Not open for further replies.

RachelDodd

THhing you have heard on one of the scanners?

I was listeninng to Chicargo Scanner earlyier today
and their was a disturbance with some man outiside shouting

It turned out that he was calling his cat in fo breakfast.
All the officers that heard it where laughing
and one even went *19 nut job* meaning
drunk nut job. And they where all laughing bout it for a bit

Personally i thought it was quite funny cause this was
at like half 5 this moring.

Anyone else had anything funny or serious ?

wwhitby

Feed Provider
Funniest: Years ago, the local Wal Mart had senior citizen parking slots next to the handicapped parking slots. One of the local police officers (not the brightest bulb in the box) was writing tickets for folks parking in handicapped slots without placards or handicapped tags at that Wal Mart. The conversation goes like this:

Desk Sgt: "The officer who was writing tickets at Wal Mart, please respond."
205: "205"
Desk Sgt: "You need to return to Wal Mart and speak to a lady about a ticket you wrote her for parking in a senior citizen's parking spot."
205: "10-4...........How will I know which lady to speak to?"
Desk Sgt: (with several individuals laughing in the background, and the Desk Sgt. trying to control his laughter) "The angry one at the service desk."

The saddest thing was hearing a fella that I knew really well be pronounced dead at the scene. He was the maintenance man at the appartment complex I lived in. Good fella, very helpful, and would even help you fix things outside of his job (like cars.) He had a drinking problem though. He got very drunk at a party, got in a fight and pulled a knife. The other guy pulled a gun. He was prounced dead at the scene, and it was (rightfully) ruled as self-defense.

Warren

RachelDodd

lol yer that fella doesnt sound like the birghest bulb in the box
and am also sorry to hear about the loss, such a werid way to find
out too. must of been shocking

Rachel

Astrak

Some of the saddest/hair raising
YouTube - TravisMurphy.wmv
YouTube - Last call Lt. Shuhandler
YouTube - Gilbert PD officer down part 1
http://s962.photobucket.com/albums/ae103/Astrak1001/?action=view&current=999.flv

Ummm as for funny, there are things every day.

Yesterday Fire and PD were dispatched to a guy who was calling in claiming that someone came into his house a sprayed a vapor called naperon and was telling the call taker the vapor was chasing him around trying to get him......he was 918(insane).

Last edited:

Murstech

Well.. The other day the cops were chasing a kid around for playing music too loud on his bicycle. And they were looking for 4 guys making obscene gestures from a van with a sticker on the back that says Jesus loves you.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
lol yer that fella doesnt sound like the birghest bulb in the box
and am also sorry to hear about the loss, such a werid way to find
out too. must of been shocking

Rachel

Try this;

Dispatch; A22 respond to 10-50 p.i. on veterans,car vs. turkey

A22; Injuries?

Dispatch; Well....there are feathers inside the car,so you be the judge.

:lol::lol:

n9zas

RachelDodd

lmao thanks for the replies guys!

dont half hear some nosense on there dont you
and the Jesus Loves you that is just classic.

Rachel

Lt51506

Not really funny...more scary than anything. Back in '94, I'd just moved to Iowa and caught some cell phone traffic between two Carl's Jr. managers.

One was complaining about the morning crew taking chicken out of the freezer to thaw and the afternoon crew putting it back in the freezer. To make a 20 minute conversation short.....chicken that had been frozen and thawed about 10 times was served to the customers. Keep in mind, this wasn't a "cold" thaw...it was room temp when placed back in the freezer.

Ain't no way to treat your chicken! Haven't gone to CJ's since!

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
Hearing a (crazy) friend riding officer on an engine ask the dispatcher for an ETA on the state police to an accident scene they were standing by at, and asking her to find out if "we should pitch a tent".

Todd

JoeyC

The other day there was a call either about an assault and battery or a theft of some sort and the female suspects were described as wearing Halloween costumes. 3 female suspects in their late teens to early twenties, wearing Tweedledee and Tweedledum costumes. The third suspect was dressed as a tree.

gewecke

Banned
Pd got a call late last night...SPIDER man knocked on their door and waved as he ran off!
Officer said he was no match for this perp! :lol:
n9zas

kb2vxa

Banned
Nothing to report but I do have a comment.
"It turned out that he was calling his cat in for breakfast."
What makes him think a cat would recognize it's name or even be in the neighborhood? At that time tabby was probably miles away (they range pretty far) and not even hungry enough to come home on it's own.
"All the officers that heard it where laughing and one even went *19 nut job* meaning drunk nut job."
I can't say about drunk but he sounds like a nut to me, or at least doesn't know anything about cats. (;->)

berkeleycarlos

Premium Subscriber
Berkeley PD officers being dispatched to "Frat Row" for a Cal Berkeley student walking with a bullhorn trying to pull cars over.

Same night. Homeless man does not feel safe and wants BPD to give him a ride...back to NYC.

b7spectra

EMS Dispatcher
I walked into the old Lafayette Electronics in Hollywood, Florida, and the store had the 1st ever Bearcat 210. It was set to the old IMTS telephone channels on 152.510 MHz:

Caller: Hey honey, I'm calling just to let you know I won't be home until late because I'm working.
Wife: I was hoping you would be home tonight.
Caller: I do to! But I'm stuck at work most of the night.
Wife: OK. I will see you later tonight. Bye.
Caller: Bye.

One minute later:

Girlfriend: Hello?
Caller: Hey! I'm on my way over, told the old b*tch that I'm working late.
Girlfriend: Awesome!
Caller: See you in a few!

I bought the radio immediately!

kb2vxa

Banned
b7, that's a very familiar story. Back in the day when AT&T Mobile and New York Marine went through a live operator (no direct dial) the door was wide open to a little "social engineering"... heh heh heh.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.