• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

What's The Latest On Blue Tooth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanesFan95

Didn't there used to be blue tooth problems on G4's and G5's? Like you would get a beeping sound on every transmission or it wouldn't connect to certain blue tooth versions? Has all this been corrected?

mitbr

If you want a cheap solution this Bluetooth headset is around 20 bucks works real well with the Unication and is available at your local Walgreens.
Tim :cool:

CanesFan95

What about pairing to a vehicle? I see another thread where people are getting no audio.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
My G5 and U3 will pair to my Plantronics 5200 (only thing I can get them to pair with!), but the profile they use causes the earpiece to emit it's own answer phone call beep, not coming from the radio, but they trigger it in the earpiece. Makes it pretty much unusable, unless you like hearing BAH BAH BOOP in your ear everytime someone talks. :(

Paul

N6ML

My G5 and U3 will pair to my Plantronics 5200 (only thing I can get them to pair with!), but the profile they use causes the earpiece to emit it's own answer phone call beep, not coming from the radio, but they trigger it in the earpiece. Makes it pretty much unusable, unless you like hearing BAH BAH BOOP in your ear everytime someone talks. :(

Have you disabled "BT Headset Incoming Call Notification" on tab D8 in PPS?

cpetraglia

If you want a cheap solution this Bluetooth headset is around 20 bucks works real well with the Unication and is available at your local Walgreens.
Tim :cool:
What about those of us that want full sound from a bookshelf speaker? I can't stand ear buds or ear phones. I run all my scanners through a nice mixer and to an amp. All my scanners sound great, but the best quality radio I own has problems getting the audio from the radio to a speaker. It's really frustrating.

N6ML

What about those of us that want full sound from a bookshelf speaker? I can't stand ear buds or ear phones. I run all my scanners through a nice mixer and to an amp. All my scanners sound great, but the best quality radio I own has problems getting the audio from the radio to a speaker. It's really frustrating.

I have a "Docooler B6 2-in-1" device that can act as a BlueTooth "receiver" and outputs (roughly) line-level audio. It basically works with the V1.30 firmware (I don't use it enough to say if it's completely stable). I've seen the same device marketed under other brand names (I don't remember what they were).

Your other option may be the amplified charging base, which has an audio output. I have no experience with that.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Have you disabled "BT Headset Incoming Call Notification" on tab D8 in PPS?

Yes, it is unchecked, but as I said, it triggers a built in alert tone in the headset itself, it is not a transmitted tone. It is the same BAH BAH BOOP sound I get when I accidentally bump the inop PTT button on my flip phone and it connects to the headset.

Paul

N6ML

Yes, it is unchecked, but as I said, it triggers a built in alert tone in the headset itself, it is not a transmitted tone. It is the same BAH BAH BOOP sound I get when I accidentally bump the inop PTT button on my flip phone and it connects to the headset.

I saw that, but the help in PPS says:
  • In general, when the Bluetooth earphone works with the voice pager, the Bluetooth earphone will play the cue tone as a reminder to inform the user before the voice pager plays the received voice message.(Note 1)
    User can base on their preference to enable or disable the cue tone on the Bluetooth earphone. The voice pager will configure the Bluetooth earphone for enabling or disabling the cue tone based on the user setting.

which makes it sound like the pager would be somehow (I don't know enough about BT protocol) telling the device to play the tone.

CanesFan95

Man! They should fix this. I'm debating between an SDS200 and a G5. And I really don't want an SDS. But no headphone jack and blue tooth problems makes this an issue. In the car, I wanna replay the G5 out the stereo speakers. Maybe there's some kinna blue tooth receiver that can plug into the aux USB and then the car can play that (the car has no 3.5mm stereo aux).

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
I just paired it to a Sony SBS-XB01 speaker ($20)...the speaker is very weak, but at leaast no beep. My Unication U3 doesn't even see the Sony, much less pair with it...ugh...

Paul

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
headphone jack will make it even harder to get water proof rating.
the devices have hardware for bluetooth V2 and not the newer 4 and above which support streaming media. So some BT devices handle the audio like its a phone call due to the hardware and software in the Unication devices, which also limits the protocols that can be used with BT devices.
If or when they update the hardware to support BT V4 or greater then a wider variety of devices will support a form of streaming media.

gcopter1

Premium Subscriber
You have the best radio get the best BT ! These let you listen to the Unication completely discretely via your cheekbone with bone induction technology and still talk to people using your ears. I absolutely love them.

Check this out: AfterShokz Aeropex Bone Conduction Wireless Bluetooth Headph... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RQLTFZ2/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_awdb_btf_t1_O.9sFbG26TEW8
I have a question for you, how do the AfterShokz behave in a loud noise environment?
From previous experience pairing a couple of BT devices to my G4, I found out that the volume control on the BT devices don't increase the audio output from the G4 BT.

I know the AS come with earplugs, so I guess that, if outside noise is pretty loud you can plug your ears and still hear the AS, I'm just wondering just how much loud outside noise gets before the AfterShokz become useless?

I have some hearing loss so every solution I have sought involve an in ear or very loud speaker to help me discern audio coming off the G4.

AdamHLG

I have a question for you, how do the AfterShokz behave in a loud noise environment?
From previous experience pairing a couple of BT devices to my G4, I found out that the volume control on the BT devices don't increase the audio output from the G4 BT.

I know the AS come with earplugs, so I guess that, if outside noise is pretty loud you can plug your ears and still hear the AS, I'm just wondering just how much loud outside noise gets before the AfterShokz become useless?

I have some hearing loss so every solution I have sought involve an in ear or very loud speaker to help me discern audio coming off the G4.

They're actually pretty good! Sometimes I will wear while on the bicycle during trail rides to maintain ambient sounds via my ears. There can be a lot of wind noise and I can hear loud and clear. It's something you'll need to try and if you don't like they're returnable (at least on Amazon). But it would take an awful amount of loud noise to drown out the sound from my G5.

picscan

Premium Subscriber
Man! They should fix this. I'm debating between an SDS200 and a G5. And I really don't want an SDS. But no headphone jack and blue tooth problems makes this an issue. In the car, I wanna replay the G5 out the stereo speakers. Maybe there's some kinna blue tooth receiver that can plug into the aux USB and then the car can play that (the car has no 3.5mm stereo aux).

I have one of those in my car, works great, the thing cranks over the stereo. I think it was about $8 on amazon.

edit: oops, just read your post again, I do have a jack but you don't, sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.