What's The Latest On Dual Digital Mode Transceiver?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JASII

Memory Capacity
As posted above, does anybody happen to know if anybody is close to releasing a radio that does more than one digital mode?

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
How much money do you want to spend? The Kenwood NX-5000 series radios will do NXDN, P25, or DMR (pick two). They aren't cheap, though.

Golay

Multi mode

As posted above, does anybody happen to know if anybody is close to releasing a radio that does more than one digital mode?

Wasn't there some sort of "Brandmeister in a Box" type multi-mode radio introduced at Dayton 2015?
Is that still theory, not being made yet?

Otto

Wasn't there some sort of "Brandmeister in a Box" type multi-mode radio introduced at Dayton 2015?

It was supposed to on the market by "Christmas time"... so far I haven't heard anything else.

N4KVE

The radio at Dayton was an empty box with a display that they purchased from a company in China. Not a working radio. As of yet, the radio does not exist.

Last edited:

N4KVE

How much money do you want to spend? The Kenwood NX-5000 series radios will do NXDN, P25, or DMR (pick two). They aren't cheap, though.
And since these are new radios, they are not available on the surplus market yet. If you look at the Kenwood pricing, the FW upgrade to get the 2nd digital mode costs as much as a good DMR radio. Like W9BU said, BIG $.

Otto

But the real question is: how many contacts are you gonna make using NXDN, P25 etc in your area.

In my area that number is, ZERO.

That being the case, I'll never buy that kind of radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.