What's the most exciting/cool thing you heard on a scanner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigcam406

back in the early 90's,i owned a Radio Shack Pro 2006. one night,myself and a buddy were sitting in my car listening to cell phone conversations and the local police, when a call for a bne at a jewelry store located up the street at a mall from where we were. it was the middle of winter around 1am,and we see this guy riding a 10 speed bike down the main drag right by us. he was dressed in black and had a knapsack. i went to a payphone located beside the coffee shop where we were parked and called the police telling them that we were listening and what we saw. we heard units arrive and relay to the dispatch that there were bike tracks in the snow at the scene.2 mins later 2 cruisers surround us in my car, and we were ordered out,and they searched the car. i said we were only trying to help, but obviously they didnt see it that way.found out later in the week, the guy made off with approx 50 grand worth of diamonds and gold.

KT4HX

Premium Subscriber
I was at a supermarket to pick up a few things. When I left and got into my truck I turned on the scanner. I immediately heard a call for an alarm activation at a bank branch just up the street. So I rolled out of the store's lot and up the street, turning into a business next to the bank and parked. I waited and within moments a sheriff's car rolled into the bank lot and parked across the entry/exit lane. He dismounted and cautiously went around to the back door, where he was met by an employee. They both went in and shortly thereafter I heard him advise it had been an accidental activation by an employee! So what I thought might turn into something exciting landed with a thud. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.