What's up at the gun show?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
Anyone hearing anything on the Wannamaker (SP) gun show at the fairgrounds? Hearing some chatter, maybe another gun discharge?

adair

on the KRMG website...
Expo Square) -- Two people are hit with pellets when a shotgun accidently discharges at the Tulsa Fairgrounds. The weapon discharged at the Wanamaker Gun Show. The people were struck in the head and in the side. They are expected to be okay. Deputies say weapons should not be loaded at the gun show and that will be a focus of their investigation.

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
adair said:
. Deputies say weapons should not be loaded at the gun show and that will be a focus of their investigation.

I take this to mean someone loaded a gun inside the Expo, instead of bringing it in loaded. I have been to several and they lock your breach (when possible) with a tie wire after they check you gun at the door.

peterjmag

It's the gun show! What do you expect? Some gun wacker probably showed up in camo and all and showed his buddy from God knows where, Oklahoma his new GUN. Huhuhuhu you like it? Bang! Some non-wacker gets shot in the head! This proves it's not the gun, it's individual behind the gun! Have a wonderful day!

P.J. Maguire

car2back

gun show

haha, I wasn't there for that, but I did pickup a nice Glock 17 this morning for $425 ;)

CommShrek

phil_smith said:
haha, I wasn't there for that, but I did pickup a nice Glock 17 this morning for $425 ;)

I think they can still be had for $415 brand new out the door from Oklahoma Police Supply. I quit going to gun shows a while ago. More deals and better deals can be found on the internet.

car2back

CommShrek said:
I think they can still be had for $415 brand new out the door from Oklahoma Police Supply. I quit going to gun shows a while ago. More deals and better deals can be found on the internet.

is that with a department letter or what ever? dang :evil: oh well I am still happy with my new pistol... hopefully i can go run 100 rounds or so throught it tomarrow :D

Hey Shrek, wanna buy the bubba-gun? it's for sale ;)

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
peterjmag said:
It's the gun show! What do you expect? Some gun wacker probably showed up in camo and all and showed his buddy from God knows where, Oklahoma his new GUN. Huhuhuhu you like it? Bang! Some non-wacker gets shot in the head! This proves it's not the gun, it's individual behind the gun! Have a wonderful day!

P.J. Maguire
Well news stories say the Gun dealer loaded and discharged the gun. Banned from the show for his ignorance.

jhooten

peterjmag said:

P.J. Maguire

No, it was more likely some rabid under cover operative for the anti-gun fanatics who walked around the show covertly loading guns hoping an incident would occur so they could go on the local news that night and say "see how unsafe guns are we should ban tham all".

Jerry

P

PolarBear25

jhooten said:
No, it was more likely some rabid under cover operative for the anti-gun fanatics who walked around the show covertly loading guns hoping an incident would occur so they could go on the local news that night and say "see how unsafe guns are we should ban tham all".

Jerry

Right!!

CommShrek

phil_smith said:
is that with a department letter or what ever? dang :evil: oh well I am still happy with my new pistol... hopefully i can go run 100 rounds or so throught it tomarrow :D

Hey Shrek, wanna buy the bubba-gun? it's for sale ;)

No department letter required. You can get that price on your own with your own ID. But, you already have one now. I hope you got a new in the box G-17 for that price though.

Nope, I've got no use for the bubba-gun, regardless of price. I do have several hundred rounds of ammo for it though if you find someone who needs some ammo.

okla-lawman

It is funny that all the accidental discharges at gunshows I am familiar with were dealers. Maybe they should spend looking at dealer guns than at cops guns, telling them they cant carry there.

CommShrek

okla-lawman said:
It is funny that all the accidental discharges at gunshows I am familiar with were dealers. Maybe they should spend looking at dealer guns than at cops guns, telling them they cant carry there.

Very true. Then again, the cops that I've been to the gunshow with are carrying anyway. They don't actually perform a "search" on anyone.

freqscout

Well the event manager can request that SDA's not be able to carry their guns in. Any privately operated event can request that. It is just like any other privately conducted business putting the no handguns sticker on their building entrance.

car2back

I see... I just sat down and read the Oklahoma Self Defense Act:Any person, property owner, tenant, employer, or business entity has the undenied right to control the possession of weapons on any property owned or controlled by the person or business entity.

BUT, No person, property owner, tenant, employer, or business entity shall be permitted to establish any policy or rule that has the effect of prohibiting any person, except a convicted felon, from transporting and storing firearms in a locked vehicle on any property set aside for any vehicle.

So, you can leave a firearm in a locked car in any parking lot in the state as long as it isn't prohibited by Federal Law, correct?

okccsi

It wasn't an actual dealer, but someone out there with there personal collection. The pellets actually bounced off of the floor when it discharged and then struck the two people.

I just talked to a good friend of mine who worked the gun show with Full Force (OKC Company). They didn't even know about it until later as rumors started circulating. The gun shot evidently was not heard "round the world" so to speak.

OKC CSI

Status
Not open for further replies.