Whats up with pott county

Status
Not open for further replies.

bottk

I wondered if anyone can help, I have a 996t as well as other scanners and i have noticed lately that pott county dispatch comes across loud and clear on conventional used to be i could always hear a response from officers on tgid 4254 but lately it seems to only happen once in a while.

I know i have all the right info in the scanner and all the other groups are coming across just fine, including
KTA , KHP, other local agencies as well as KBI, Air ambulance, so on and so forth,

I also know i have all the right control frequencies programed

Is it simply because they are not always using the digital side to respond? and if so then why cant i hear their response on the analog side

Just hoping there isnt something wrong with my scanner, but i dont understand why every other agency seems to be working just fine can someone help?

jasonkw

I hear them on a once in a while here in Reno County on 4254. I assume they had some one down at KLECT near Yoder for training. I haven't for the last few days though.

KCoax

Premium Subscriber
Tuesday I got 4254 on the Olathe tower. All the traffic was enc.

keithb

Premium Subscriber
I wondered if anyone can help, I have a 996t as well as other scanners and i have noticed lately that pott county dispatch comes across loud and clear on conventional used to be i could always hear a response from officers on tgid 4254 but lately it seems to only happen once in a while.

I know i have all the right info in the scanner and all the other groups are coming across just fine, including
KTA , KHP, other local agencies as well as KBI, Air ambulance, so on and so forth,

I also know i have all the right control frequencies programed

Is it simply because they are not always using the digital side to respond? and if so then why cant i hear their response on the analog side

Just hoping there isnt something wrong with my scanner, but i dont understand why every other agency seems to be working just fine can someone help?

They usually simulcast on conv and 800 but I have noticed that the response on 800 doesn't always come back on the same tower. Sometimes one side is off the Flush tower and the response might be from the Eskridge, Corning or Topeka towers. Do you have your scanner set to check all the neighboring control channels? Just a thought. (Also, all the towers are now re-banded)

The encryption is interesting. I have never heard the main dispatch talkgroup 4254 encrypted, anthough several of the admin and detective TG's are.

Status
Not open for further replies.