What's up with SBBPD on the county TRS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

W2SJW

Database Admin
Anybody else noticing that SBBPD is showing up on the 'Fire Ops 8' TGID on the county TRS, and that almost every time they talk, they come up on their old conventional channel of 502.5625?

First I thought that the system was in failsoft mode, but all the other users are appearing on the system as they should.

Hold up, just caught a traffic stop @ Rt 206 & Hills Dr (north county area), and it came up the same way as SBBPD is... :confused:

EDIT - Now this is getting even more retarded - I'm hearing the Able & Ocean cars from North PD 1 on this, and Echo cars from my own home-town! Half of my local town units are coming up on the TRS & the other half on 155.790!!!

EDIT #2 - And just like 'that', at 15:00hrs, it all stopped...

Last edited:

W2SJW

Database Admin
Mike,

Yes, very strange it was! Only one or two Sierra cars, only one or two of Able & Ocean cars, only Echo-12 (and they did give out addresses to calls that beyond any doubt were here in Branchburg.

I hope that means they are possibly going to be putting my PD on the TRS... :D

mikea7531

Feed Provider
It's happening again today on Fire Ops-8, but I don't believe it's them. Sounds like dispatcher training, all the Sierra Cars, Ocean Cars, George Cars and Echo Cars all sound like the same person.

W2SJW

Database Admin
CONFIRMED: They are doing training with the new dispatchers.

DAMN! Got my hopes up for nothing! :p

I still haven't gotten a straight answer as to why Echo cars never migrated to the TRS like all the other county-dispatched PD's. It's either got to be one of two things: #1 - Money, or #2 - Interoperability.

I bet Branchburg refuses to give up VHF connectivity to Bridgewater, Hillsborough, & Readington PD's...

Status
Not open for further replies.