Whats With all the Cop cars?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadiationX

Ok i have two quetions first there is supposed to be a bricktown police station anyone know the freq to that? and in midwest city there are two diff places where they store, and work on cop cars i guess one on 15th between Douglas and midwest blvd and the other on 29th between those same streets one looks like regular cop cars and the one on 29th look kinda scarry theres like 50 sheriff cars there and are there any freqs coming from those buildings and what all goes on there? Anyone Know?

Gilligan

Database Admin
#1 The OCPD cops in Bricktown use the same EDACS system that the other OCPD cops use. They have their own talkgroup (although I've never heard anything on it personally). The TG is 02-025.

# 2 I have no idea, but they are probably outfitting them with equipment. I really doubt there is much to hear from a shop like that. Probably not even radios between them if it's basically a garage.

okccsi

RadiationX said:
Ok i have two quetions first there is supposed to be a bricktown police station anyone know the freq to that? and in midwest city there are two diff places where they store, and work on cop cars i guess one on 15th between Douglas and midwest blvd and the other on 29th between those same streets one looks like regular cop cars and the one on 29th look kinda scarry theres like 50 sheriff cars there and are there any freqs coming from those buildings and what all goes on there? Anyone Know?

Bricktown runs on Will Rogers frequencies IIRC.

Ok. On 15th Street just west of Douglas is the fleet maintenance department. This is where the cop cars are worked on, where they fuel up the cars and where they store cars for parts. When they get around to it this is where they also have their city auctions.

On 29th and Midwest, that is the Oklahoma County Sheriff's Substation. Sometime referred to as the Eastside substation. Some training occurs there also. Most of the deputies that run on the east side of Oklahoma County run out of that substation as it was explained to me. Oklahoma County has long been a strong presence in Midwest City, Choctaw, Harrah, Jones, Luther, Spencer, Nicoma Park, etc. These are the small towns that operate on the east side county frequency. That is 460.4000. Lots of action out there in the boonies. Awesome opportunity for agency interaction as well.

HTH,

OKC CSI

OCSO213

spencer substation is eastside substation. 29th is fleet maintence and future home of Dispatch

P

PolarBear25

OCSO213 said:
spencer substation is eastside substation. 29th is fleet maintence and future home of Dispatch

(Future home of Dispatch)

Why??

freqscout

From what i understand is that the Eastern County Fire Net is dispatched from there too.

dbestfirefighter

Dozer
Premium Subscriber
Because its not very smart to have a 1500-2500 person jail and your communication hub (that is responsible for most of eastern oklahoma county) in one location.

P

PolarBear25

So is that were they are now and is OCSO Going to 800 Mhz??

Gilligan

Database Admin
PolarBear25 said:
So is that were they are now and is OCSO Going to 800 Mhz??
If I had to guess, I'd say no due to lack of coverage into far parts of the county. Plus what would be the need to patch the current system if they were moving. And then there's the cost issue...

P

PolarBear25

Gilligan said:
If I had to guess, I'd say no due to lack of coverage into far parts of the county. Plus what would be the need to patch the current system if they were moving. And then there's the cost issue...

What??

freqscout

I'm pretty sure that the way it was explained to me is that the OCSO sherriff is kinda anti-800.

One thing to consider though is that many deputies (reserves) are required to purchase their own equipment including radios. I cannot think of any agency that would want to put their reserves through that since they are not getting paid for their work. Most reserves would just flat out quit instead of putting in the 3000+ dollars for a radio. I cannot think of many reserves that could even afford it.

P

PolarBear25

freqscout said:
I'm pretty sure that the way it was explained to me is that the OCSO sherriff is kinda anti-800.

One thing to consider though is that many deputies (reserves) are required to purchase their own equipment including radios. I cannot think of any agency that would want to put their reserves through that since they are not getting paid for their work. Most reserves would just flat out quit instead of putting in the 3000+ dollars for a radio. I cannot think of many reserves that could even afford it.

Leave to OCSO To Be Anti-800 or Anti-Progress!!!!!

oSutrooper

Bricktown is on will rodgers unless it is friday or sat and then it has its own channel, but it is
handheld onlys on the new provoice system

P

PolarBear25

oSutrooper said:
Bricktown is on will rodgers unless it is friday or sat and then it has its own channel, but it is
handheld onlys on the new provoice system

OK Thanks!!!!!

okccsi

PolarBear25 said:
No!!!!! But OCSO should not use reserves to patol with!!!!!

I don't think you will be seeing reserve's to often on patrol. That side isn't covered in the reserve academy.

Speaking of using reserved though, you must not be aware of how many reserves are used for normal police duties and patrol duties in small towns. For instance, Nicoma Park has 8 or 9 full time officers, but about 15 reserves.

OKC CSI

P

PolarBear25

okccsi said:
I don't think you will be seeing reserve's to often on patrol. That side isn't covered in the reserve academy.

Speaking of using reserved though, you must not be aware of how many reserves are used for normal police duties and patrol duties in small towns. For instance, Nicoma Park has 8 or 9 full time officers, but about 15 reserves.

OKC CSI

Yes I Did know that I monitor OCSO 1, OCSO 3, OCSO 5, OCES 1 P.N., and OCSO 1 F.N.
A lot!!!!!

OCSO213

I wouldnt know what to do without our reserves...they help out alot and do it for free. I started as a reserve and got hired on full time some years back. There are alot of agency's that use reserves...Tulsa PD, MWC pd, Yukon PD, Moore PD. Just about every County agency... Our sheriff requires more training than the state mandates....And they can patrol just need to be with the our agency for at least 2 years and have gone through the patrol portion of our academy.....

oh yes i forgot to add... !!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.