What's with Facebook for comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WA2IMO_son

I wanted to leave a quick comment on a live feed I'm listening to (a note of thanks, FWIW) and after I type it and press Comment I get this popup saying "Log in to Facebook to leave a comment." I have no interest/use for Facebook. Why isn't my login for RR valid enough to leave a comment?!?!?

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
I wanted to leave a quick comment on a live feed I'm listening to (a note of thanks, FWIW) and after I type it and press Comment I get this popup saying "Log in to Facebook to leave a comment." I have no interest/use for Facebook. Why isn't my login for RR valid enough to leave a comment?!?!?

Those comments are through Facebook not Radioreference. You need a Facebook account.

You can click on Contact Broadcaster to leave a private message or an email through RR.

Last edited:

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned

I agree. FAKEbook is a waste of a site and doesn't deserve a fraction of the attention it gets! :mad:

n9zas

WA2IMO_son

Looks like I'm not alone but that's the way it's set up. Thanks for the reply, all!

Mike

newsphotog

Premium Subscriber
Websites are using Facebook comments now because the comment sections on websites all over were turning into cesspools since people want to post anonymously and have no respect, decency, or common sense when posting their garbage. At least with Facebook comments they have to follow Facebook's TOS about the use of real names (no fake names allowed).

I use Facebook to post comments on some sites, but I would never implement Facebook comments on any of my sites.

gewecke

Banned
My pc's will never see the fakebook site. :)

n9zas

ampulman

My pc's will never see the fakebook site. :)

n9zas

Likewise, I'm sure.

The 'social network' monster is getting out of hand. Add to it, the recently announced Google information consolidation. I don't 'do' any of them; no cookies either.

Clicking the 'like' button just adds info to your profile.

How much of that info is being shared with the government?

RobKB1FJR

Premium Subscriber
If the government is interested in someone they will find them. Unless you live totally off grid which is not possible for most. I mostly use face book to communicate with former classmates.

Anyone important I can call or text or write a letter or go visit personally.

Back when I grew up and I am almost 30 now we barely had the internet. People actually e-mailed and replied back. Nowadays if I try to reach some of my friends via telephone they don't answer. A lot of people are impossible to reach via AIM, Cell, Text, Facebook, Email (of course this could be personal/attitude issues with the individual I'm trying to reach but it seems to be common).

simply put a lot of people under 35 don't talk on the phone which can resolve problems quicker then 2 hours of texting in circles.

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
Oh my...

Facebook helps me to keep up with the goings on of friends and family living abroad who I likely would not or could not talk to on a daily basis.

If it isn't for you, then I guess it isn't for you, but I don't understand the rage that people get over facebook... It simply is not that big of a deal.

JoeyC

Don't you know that anything successful and profitable is EVIL? :twisted:
Motorola, Microsoft, Google, Facebook, Apple, all come to mind. :roll:

gewecke

Banned
Don't you know that anything successful and profitable is EVIL? :twisted:
Motorola, Microsoft, Google, Facebook, Apple, all come to mind. :roll:

You can add TOYota, kia, mitsubishi and geico to that list too!:twisted:

n9zas

Status
Not open for further replies.