• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Whats With RR

Status
Not open for further replies.

safetyobc

Yep, lots of activity with all the new scanners Uniden is rolling out. BCD996T, BCT15 namely. Also lots of other discussions.

KC1UA

Scan New England Guru
Database Admin
If anything, it's because it's summer, but I haven't really noticed a slowdown. Some of us do go outside and do stuff when it gets warm though. ;) I go out when it's cold! :D

SCPD

scancapecod said:
If anything, it's because it's summer, but I haven't really noticed a slowdown. Some of us do go outside and do stuff when it gets warm though.
When you live in Phoenix, its the exact oppisite.

KC1UA

Scan New England Guru
Database Admin
Duditz511 said:
When you live in Phoenix, its the exact oppisite.
Jeez, you got me there....it's just finally getting warm up here. The first thing I do when I hit this site is come to the forums and click on New Posts...I honestly haven't noticed any decline in the overall numbers as I usually see them.

MacombMonitor

It has seemed to slow a bit. I'm surprised there is not a lot more buzzing about the BCD996T...maybe because everyone is content! :)

Seems like a lot of the regulars from a few months back have almost vanished.

mciupa

DB Administrator
MacombMonitor said:
Seems like a lot of the regulars from a few months back have almost vanished.
Now that you mention it , where is Voyager ? :confused:

That's one frequent flyer who has appeared to drop off the face of the Earth !:eek:

car2back

billfx said:
Has it been alot quieter on the all the boards or is it it just me? It seems the over all activity level has gone way down..
it's just not the same without the "HillbillyUHF"....:D

MacombMonitor

What happened to SIMON11? He was always experimenting with antennas in the attic. I think he was in Canada.

SIMON11

Attachments

car2back

MacombMonitor said:
What happened to SIMON11? He was always experimenting with antennas in the attic. I think he was in Canada...
maybe the ladder fell while he was up there.....:lol:

j/k!

John_M

mciupa Wrote:

Now that you mention it , where is Voyager ? :confused:

That's one frequent flyer who has appeared to drop off the face of the Earth !:eek:
I thought that he was beta testing the 996t so he was busy. It does appear that Voyager has dropped off the face of the earth. :(

I does seem a little slow. Only the 996t and BCT15 are new for 2006 and the BCT15 isn't even out yet. Maybe that's part of it.

Last edited:

John_M

Dubbin. Isn't the basketball game on? Oh wait, it is still pregame. No. it's not pregame. I want Miami to win but if Shack goes 1 for 9 for free throws it just isn't going to happen.

Last edited:

Dubbin

Premium Subscriber
John_M said:
Dubbin. Isn't the basketball game on? Oh wait, it is still pregame. No. it's not pregame. I want Miami to win but if Shack goes 1 for 9 for free throws it just isn't going to happen.
I'm not really sure who I would like to see win it all. I really like both teams so its really hard to decide.

Not back to the topic :)

John_M

safetyobc Wrote:

Yep, lots of activity with all the new scanners Uniden is rolling out. BCD996T, BCT15 namely. Also lots of other discussions.
People in states that don't allow mobile scanners are still waiting for a new scanner to talk about.

safetyobc

John_M said:
safetyobc Wrote:

People in states that don't allow mobile scanners are still waiting for a new scanner to talk about.
I would love to see Uniden roll out a true "Base" scanner with larger screens, buttons, etc.

They could release a digital version and an analog version.

John_M

Maybe the a base scanner is next. We had the 396t/330t handhelds out in 2005 and the 996t/BCT15 mobile out in 2006. Will Uniden build another handheld next or a
base model. It seems as though a base model would be next.

Status
Not open for further replies.