What's your favorite PRO 2006 mod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldglide

Mine is 1) The 2 capacitor, 2 diode signal strength meter mod. This $2.00 mod is great for a scanner without a signal strength indicator. Will drive any meter and is great for antenna comparisons. 2) The 6400 channel memory add-on. cheap parts average install time. Proof that "I've got more memory than you" was around long before DMA and OOMM. I wonder if the Guinness Book of World Records has a record for "The fastest time to program a PRO 2006 with 6400 channels By Hand" ?

jak122

Mine are: 1.)CE-232 computer interface, 2.)Extended memory mod for the 6400 channels.

The combination of the two make this aging scanner very useful for years to come.

khoelldobler

Premium Subscriber
now residing in Ocala, Florida since 1999
At the time when the Pro-2006 was relitively new, I enjoyed the 2006 much more after I revved up the HYPERSCAN speed, and added led's as "frequency busy" indicators, but even more enjoyable was the cutting of one leg of a diode to free up the blocked portions of the bands that the scanner was capable of receiving. I used to listen to phone calls made locally by neighbors and heard alot of baby monitors on low bands, but the restored 800mhz cell phone band mod was great and I listened in (for curiosity) to cell phone conversations. That was many many years ago, and listening to those types of comms do not interest me anymore, but I have to admit, it was enjoyable to be able to monitor that stuff back then.

take care,
Kevin

raisindot

In the 90's mine was the restore of the missing 800Mhz sections :)

Me too. Mainly because it was the only one that I had the technical ability to do.

That, and I snipped the annoying wire that made it beep every time you hit a key.

Jeff

beejay

Premium Subscriber
you guys sure bring back memories ! 6400 channels was my bragin' rights !

my 2005 still works great altho it does sorta' feel embarrassed sitting beside my
bc-780 xlt,gre-500 and gre-600 !

i even kept the mod #1 and mod#2 manuals. That was a great time for scanners until
the government messed ( as usual ) things up !

beejay

nova1010

Me too. Mainly because it was the only one that I had the technical ability to do.

That, and I snipped the annoying wire that made it beep every time you hit a key.

Jeff

Mine also was the 800 mod and was very easy to do like the 2022 a couple of clips from the wire cutters and bam you had full 800mhz,and I still have 2 pro-2006s on the desk.

Status
Not open for further replies.