Wheeling Scanner Question - For Gift

Status
Not open for further replies.

sfro

My dad had a scanner some years ago, but it quite working. I wanted to get him one for Christmas. In order for him to hear Wheeling Police/Fire/EMS/ect... does the scanner need to be "Trunking"? They appear to be more espensive than others, but I don't know its its need in the area. Are there other features I should look for in a scanner?

Many thanks,
Scott

OldDeadOne

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Scott I'd say if you can afford it get a digital scanner like a Pro 106 or a Uniden 396XT(if you don't have much money save your pennies),as it's worth it. I'd go into either the Radio Shack or Uniden forum and read the threads in each one to learn more(you will be wanting to get some programming software and a programming cable plus a premium subscriber subscription to the radioreference forum for access to web import you frequencies to your scanner.

ab8sn

Premium Subscriber
Hey Scott

I'm going to recommend a digital scanner as well. With the WVIRP starting to quickly come online now, by not having one he will be missing half the action. If I'm not mistaking, Wheeling city agencies are analog trunked but Ohio county is P25 digital.

Chad

Status
Not open for further replies.