when is cape cod going digital

Status
Not open for further replies.

localknitwits

Will be purchasing a scanner shortly. Does anyone know when cape cod area will go digital. I don't want to buy an analog scanner if it will not work in the next few years but if were talking many years the price point on an analog scanner would be hard to pass up.

Junior08

Premium Subscriber
When is Cape Cod going digital? What, exactly? Public Safety? Business? Military? No definitive timetable if/when any public safety system goes digital around here, but you never know. What do you wish to monitor and what model scanners are you looking to buy?

localknitwits

Junior08,
Looking to monitor local police dept mostly. Cape Cod times stopped reporting the court reports which was my only means of keeping track of the local knit wits. I understand they currently operate under a trunking system (all of this new to me). The analog unit I was looking at was the Uniden BCT15T. For digital I was looking at some of the newer Uniden HP units which reviews are uncertain at best. I just don't want to shell out a couple hundred bucks for an analog system if they are going digital in the near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.