When is Phase 2 not the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacon12

I'm thinking about buying a Uniden 436 because it will (hopefully) work with the P25 phase 2 systems in my area. In some ads for the scanner I see in the features listing Motorola Phase 2 and in other ads it's simply APCO P25 phase 1 and 2. Are these one and the same? The largest town near me, Macon, Ga. has gone to a Harris system P25 phase 2.
Will the 436 handle this ok?
Is there a reputable, reasonable online seller you'd recommend?
thanks for any enlightenment.

Jarrell

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
I'm thinking about buying a Uniden 436 because it will (hopefully) work with the P25 phase 2 systems in my area. In some ads for the scanner I see in the features listing Motorola Phase 2 and in other ads it's simply APCO P25 phase 1 and 2. Are these one and the same? The largest town near me, Macon, Ga. has gone to a Harris system P25 phase 2.
Will the 436 handle this ok?
Is there a reputable, reasonable online seller you'd recommend?
thanks for any enlightenment.

Jarrell

I'd bet you saw Motorola X-2, which is (was) their propitiatory 2-slot TDMA.

Assuming Harris has followed the P25 spec for P2 TDMA (and Macon isn't encrypted) it should work fine.

Soundman

Yes it should be fine . I was told that the manufacturer is currently upgrading the software for those scanners. So thy have been sold out every were till May 2 .

Last edited:

jacon12

Ok thanks, guys. I wonder what they're upgrading to, since it seems to cover most things. Maybe fix a bug or two?
Any thoughts on online sellers?
Jarrell

Status
Not open for further replies.