ProScan: When minimized, web view does not display control buttons and knobs

brumey

CFO (Chief Fix-It Officer)
Hello:
Using an SDS-200 with ProScan. I highly rate the application and support when needed from developer. After a few months of none use due to a replacement computer and a few other factors, I have ProScan working again. My main use is remote web control around the house. I am also exploring the database/Favorites programming too.

Anyways, I have the web server running and audio streaming. The host computer is used for other things so I typically minimize the ProScan app. When minimized on the host computer (webserver), any client connecting to it only sees the display and not the control panel buttons and knobs. If I "un-minimize to a windows, the control panel comes back on the web clients. The web clients are browser based, Safari, Chrome, Edge and Amazon Fire's Silk. If I leave the ProScan app windowed in the background while using other apps, it also works fine and that is my workaround.

Anyone else notice this. Is it a bug or by design?

Thanks,

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Hello:

Anyways, I have the web server running and audio streaming. The host computer is used for other things so I typically minimize the ProScan app. When minimized on the host computer (webserver), any client connecting to it only sees the display and not the control panel buttons and knobs. If I "un-minimize to a windows, the control panel comes back on the web clients.
It's fixed. It will be in the next release.

brumey

Thanks for the suggestion. I currently have too many displays for other systems, HAM and work at home 😎

KC4ASF

Feed Provider
Premium Subscriber
Hello:
Using an SDS-200 with ProScan. I highly rate the application and support when needed from developer. After a few months of none use due to a replacement computer and a few other factors, I have ProScan working again. My main use is remote web control around the house. I am also exploring the database/Favorites programming too.

Anyways, I have the web server running and audio streaming. The host computer is used for other things so I typically minimize the ProScan app. When minimized on the host computer (webserver), any client connecting to it only sees the display and not the control panel buttons and knobs. If I "un-minimize to a windows, the control panel comes back on the web clients. The web clients are browser based, Safari, Chrome, Edge and Amazon Fire's Silk. If I leave the ProScan app windowed in the background while using other apps, it also works fine and that is my workaround.

Thanks,
I thought I was the only one who was having that problem! I use the webserver on 2 of my 536's and i switched backwards on the ProScan versions to get cooperation.

acj76

Premium Subscriber

Thanks,
I'm running Proscan v20.7, using web server and streaming my BCD996P2. I'm having the same issue as brumey where I minimized the window on my connected PC at home, but now can't see the face plate on my remote (work PC or Android phone). Audio comes through just fine. The version history has this fixed in v20.5, @ProScan , you mentioned earlier this will be fixed in "next release", just wondering what version this refers to. If this was supposedly fixed, I guess I'm reporting a bug? BTW, I'm loving this software, been using Freescan since getting into scanning a couple of months ago, but decided to try Proscan a couple of days ago... I'll be purchasing Proscan after my 30 day trial ends for sure!

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I'm running Proscan v20.7, using web server and streaming my BCD996P2. I'm having the same issue as brumey where I minimized the window on my connected PC at home, but now can't see the face plate on my remote (work PC or Android phone). Audio comes through just fine. The version history has this fixed in v20.5, @ProScan , you mentioned earlier this will be fixed in "next release", just wondering what version this refers to. If this was supposedly fixed, I guess I'm reporting a bug? BTW, I'm loving this software, been using Freescan since getting into scanning a couple of months ago, but decided to try Proscan a couple of days ago... I'll be purchasing Proscan after my 30 day trial ends for sure!

It's fixed. It will be in the next version 21.0. For a workaround, don't minimize the program and don't set the view type to a type that doesn't display the panel.

{edit} I see the mix-up. In 20.5 the virtual display wasn't working right. 21.0 will bring back the virtual panel when the program is minimized.

Last edited:

brumey

Update on the control buttons not working when ProScan is minimized on host computer. It is still an issue for me using 21.2. Bob was not able to replicate the issue, but the workaround is simple.

Symptom:
I start the host computer; I then turn on the SDS-200. I start ProScan which opens two applications, the ProScan main screen and the Favorites Editor. If I then minimize the two applications and go to another device using Chrome, Edge, Safari (Windows, iOS or Android), open the webserver URL, the virtual panel is missing the control buttons.

Workaround:
If I maximize the ProScan application and go to another device and open the webview, I get the control buttons. Then, if I minimize Proscan, I continue to get the control buttons until I close ProScan. So, an Easy workaround, when you start ProScan, hit the webserver with another system and then minimize. It will continue to work.

It would be great to know someone else is having this issue and its not just me. Its repeatable every time here. Host is Windows 11. Not accessing outside of home network.

Thanks....

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Update on the control buttons not working when ProScan is minimized on host computer. It is still an issue for me using 21.2. Bob was not able to replicate the issue, but the workaround is simple.

Symptom:
I start the host computer; I then turn on the SDS-200. I start ProScan which opens two applications, the ProScan main screen and the Favorites Editor. If I then minimize the two applications and go to another device using Chrome, Edge, Safari (Windows, iOS or Android), open the webserver URL, the virtual panel is missing the control buttons.

Workaround:
If I maximize the ProScan application and go to another device and open the webview, I get the control buttons. Then, if I minimize Proscan, I continue to get the control buttons until I close ProScan. So, an Easy workaround, when you start ProScan, hit the webserver with another system and then minimize. It will continue to work.

It would be great to know someone else is having this issue and its not just me. Its repeatable every time here. Host is Windows 11. Not accessing outside of home network.

Thanks....
Would you send me another email so I can send you a test file to see if it's fixed.

Last edited:

brumey

UPDATE - Bob sent me two update files. After applying them, I can now start ProScan, minimize the app and still see the control buttons on any web browser. Another great support experience from Bob.
I am not sure if this is a one of update for those experiencing the issue or if Bob will roll the changes into the next updated release.