When will IMPD Comms get smart?

Status
Not open for further replies.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
One has to ask this, and should ask IMPD directly vias IDPS one day. Why do you have the Operations Communications backwards? Completely backwards? Why would you take your routine traffic to an encrypted TG when the reason it was encrypted was for use in sensitive situations? Why would you run your tactical ops on both your regular clear TGs when you have 2 events going? Why are you not using the System Wide Tacticals which are meant for multiple or large scale events. The way IMPD runs tactical situations is to me still mind boggling. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy being able to fully hear situations so I know where not to be, and when to be ducking and covering instead of being out on the porch.... But it is not good procedure to run your critical event tactical scenarios on the main TG, send your routine ops to an secondary, then move them onto the secure encrypted TG when you have an second event at the same time. Its just common sense to move events to secondary tactical and operations TG, and if it really gets sensitive, take it to the encrypted TG. And WTF are M, N, and O even in the line up for as you never use them? I know I am not the only one that thinks this way. :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

bamx2

Premium Subscriber
Get in a foot pursuit and see how easy it is to change channels while running.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dispatch2323

They did a really good job handling Comms on Friday during an hour long pursuit that went around 465 and ended in Putnam County. IMPD, District 52 and 53 were able to move everyone to Statewide Mutual Aid 1 for the pursuit. Comms worked really well.

DJ11DLN

They did a really good job handling Comms on Friday during an hour long pursuit that went around 465 and ended in Putnam County. IMPD, District 52 and 53 were able to move everyone to Statewide Mutual Aid 1 for the pursuit. Comms worked really well.
They went to SWMA1 because when the D53 units were directed by Putnamville Dispatch to move to D52 Ops1 to coordinate with the D52 units, their radios shut off. I heard this prior to the pursuit being terminated. So I'd say there's still a few bugs left to work out.

I heard an officer in foot pursuit in Hendricks county call for an ops channel as he gave out the suspect's description. Units here move off dispatch on a regular basis. I live in San Diego part time and SDPD seems to have a mental lock against this.

When I was a deputy in the 70s I could not even spell ICS, now that I've had all 6 courses I can't help but yell at the scanner "switch to a tac and put the perimeter guys on a separate channel, and for Christ's sake someone be the IC so 5 units don't key up at once when the dispatcher asks for info from the scene."

Status
Not open for further replies.