When Will Whistler...

Status
Not open for further replies.

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
When will Whistler make a larger screen so it's easier to read? That is the only thing keeping me from trying one. It's also the reason why I have never bought a Radio Shack scanner.

Mike

G7HID

Someone asked me the other day on how to improve the TRX-1 ?
Use the case and screen from the Uniden UBC436HP...

Mike

AggieCon

Premium Subscriber
I looked through your code, but I haven't used the program yet. Thanks for offering that. I would enjoy talking with you more about the programming. justin@digitalfrequencysearch.com.

Taping to the back a Raspberry Pi with its own interface is something else. I've considered the same, but I don't know how I feel about making others' products more valuable/desirable. If everything was open source and free, I certainly would, but with all of the controls, encryption, patents, and other barriers, I just don't know.

strcpy

I looked through your code, but I haven't used the program yet. Thanks for offering that. I would enjoy talking with you more about the programming. justin@digitalfrequencysearch.com.

Taping to the back a Raspberry Pi with its own interface is something else. I've considered the same, but I don't know how I feel about making others' products more valuable/desirable. If everything was open source and free, I certainly would, but with all of the controls, encryption, patents, and other barriers, I just don't know.
I've maintained some of the largest OSS projects currently, and in the past; all 2 clause BSD licensed. Needless to say, nothing I am doing is going to be closed source.

wbigcount

Premium Subscriber

SCPD

QRT
You serious?The BCD-436hp is almost impossible for me to see and I have good eyes!
The TRX-1 with all capital letters and all screen options on is easy to see.

SCPD

QRT
cool

Here is my setup: https://dl.orangedox.com/EenUyNFNbcuvLdkmbr

I put a penny on the LCD there for sizing.

RaspberryPI + LCD cost me around $30.

I then use http://forums.radioreference.com/whistler-scanners/349122-trx-2-maybe-trx-1-cross-platform-api.html which uses ncurses to draw on the bigger LCD.

You can buy bigger LCDs, or heck, use the HDMI output.

Build it in an enclosure and I think you can sell these things to the scanner members here on RR!I like your idea myself,and I can see fine.....

Status
Not open for further replies.