where are cbus pd talkgroups? its not in marcs-ip under franklin co

Status
Not open for further replies.

dizwiz

i have a job where i travel the whole state of ohio.

to my surprise, by far the most action i ever hear is out of cbus, pursuits/helicopter chases, gunfights, etc.

cleveland and cincinnati dont seem to have as much 'activity' as cbus does on a regular basis.

that being said:

i know that cbus switched systems and is not using the old franklin co system.

they are on marcs ip?

i see under franklin county that there are some sheriff talkgroups, but nothing for cbus pd TG's.

have these new cbus PD tG's been identified yet ???

if so where do i look to find them

Last edited by a moderator:

n8dhw

Premium Subscriber
Look again scroll down below where Franklin County and you will see Columbus PD and Fire talkgroups listed separately under there own categories.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dizwiz

i figured out the reason for my confusion.

you are right it is in there.

i was confused because i downloaded an excel table (im a power user for now) with marcs ip talkgroups in it.

cbus pd is not in this table.

Last edited by a moderator:

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
i figured out the reason for my confusion.

you are right it is in there.

i was confused because i downloaded an excel table (im a power user for now) with marcs ip talkgroups in it.

cbus pd is not in this table.

How long ago did you download the Excel file? After I saw your post I downloaded it to check for errors and the Columbus talkgroups are there.

dizwiz

How long ago did you download the Excel file? After I saw your post I downloaded it to check for errors and the Columbus talkgroups are there.

a week and a half ago.

the tab on the excel sheet says 'trs_tg_6643'

KD8DVR

Columbus pd is on the "COLUMBUS CITY" system...NOT the. Franklin County system. These are separate systems.

AntiSquid Disclaimer: All comments are personal opinion only and may not imply actual fact.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Columbus pd is on the "COLUMBUS CITY" system...NOT the. Franklin County system. These are separate systems.

Separate tower sites, yes. Separate systems, no. It's a shared system, so all talkgroups are listed in the same Excel file.

And to complicate matters, some talkgroups roam and others don't. Putting the Franklin County, Columbus City and Columbus MARCS sites in the scanner will allow the happy scannist to hear everybody pretty much all the time.

dizwiz

yeah thats why i explained my drivivg situation (driving all over - not stationary listening).

i approach cbus from i71.

ive only been thru 2x since i reprogrammed my scanner to pick up marcs-isp.

its a gre psr-500 in roam mode.

i do have trouble with it hanging onto a weaker control tower when there is a better choice nearby. ive set the low limit as low as 93 and high at 99. but that is a scanner programming discussion not a discussion for this forum. to be honest i had the same issue with old marcs too.

i dont seem to have as much troubles with that (hanging onto weak towers) when usjng an 800 mhz duckie antenna (inside the vehicle) vs. my larsen one on top of the truck.

thanks tom this was a good explanation. radioreference site is all-knowing!

Last edited:

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
yeah thats why i explained my drivivg situation (driving all over - not stationary listening).

i approach cbus from i71.

ive only been thru 2x since i reprogrammed my scanner to pick up marcs-isp.

its a gre psr-500 in roam mode.!

You would be better off programming the Columbus City site and the CFD/CPD talkgroups as a separate system to ensure that the scanner will lock on separately. It might slow down your scanning a tad, but it will be more reliable.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.