Where are Choppers getting water LNF Fire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cl

We saw the LNF choppers refueling near Meyers Ranch, does anyone know where they are getting their water? [What specific lake/location]

Last edited:

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
Probably any lake, pond or stream that they can safely dip their bucket into - seriously.

cl

Probably any lake, pond or stream that they can safely dip their bucket into - seriously.

Yea, I figured that, I'm asking what lake specifically they are using... Evergreen/Chatfield?

Last edited:

joshuafuller

We saw the LNF choppers refueling near Meyers Ranch, does anyone know where they are getting their water? [What specific lake/location]

Strontia Springs Reservoir

120328-Z-HK347-005 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

"A UH-60 Black Hawk helicopter with the Colorado Army National Guard’s 2nd Battalion, 135th General Support Aviation prepares to fill a 500-gallon water bucket in Strontia Springs Reservoir in the vicinity of Conifer, Colo., March 28, 2012. The 2-135th GSAB is operating under the Colorado governor’s executive order to assist the Colorado Department of Emergency Management and the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Department in fighting the Lower North Fork fire, which began March 26 in Jefferson County, Colo. The fire has given rise to the evacuation of more than 900 homes and is estimated to have covered more than 4,000 acres. (Army National Guard photo by Spc. Bethany Fehringer/RELEASED)"

cl

Thanks Joshua, that's exactly what I needed.

Nice picture too!

Status
Not open for further replies.