Where are Hamilton County School Buses?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kf4lhp

Only the independent contractor buses are on 154.055. All of the Durham buses are on digital talkgroup 33040 on the city's trunked system.

SCPD

QRT
kf4lhp said:
Only the independent contractor buses are on 154.055. All of the Durham buses are on digital talkgroup 33040 on the city's trunked system.

I saw that on your site. As I said, I haven't heard ANYTHING on 154.055 in a while. Where or what is Durham, and who uses talkgroup 18064?

Last edited:

kf4lhp

mrrandb said:
Where or what is Durham, and who uses talkgroup 18064?

Durham School Services is a contractor who got the bid to operate Hamilton County's school buses for the next few years. First Student had the contract originally when the board decided to farm out transportation, but they didn't get the contract when it came up for re-bid.

TG 18064 was assigned for school buses a few years back but 800 radios were never installed in the buses, and it remained dormant.

SCPD

QRT
kf4lhp said:
Durham School Services is a contractor who got the bid to operate Hamilton County's school buses for the next few years. First Student had the contract originally when the board decided to farm out transportation, but they didn't get the contract when it came up for re-bid.

TG 18064 was assigned for school buses a few years back but 800 radios were never installed in the buses, and it remained dormant.

Thanks.

SCPD

QRT
I finally heard a little on there today, but it didn't sound as if they were transporting kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.