Where are TAC frequencies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kz5x

The local public service officers frequently move off the regular frequencies to "tactical" frequencies when working an emergency. I find nothing shown in the database identified as tac frequencies. Is there someplace to find these? (I live in Hood Co., Texas).

Thanks.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
The local public service officers frequently move off the regular frequencies to "tactical" frequencies when working an emergency. I find nothing shown in the database identified as tac frequencies. Is there someplace to find these? (I live in Hood Co., Texas).

Thanks.
Welcome kz5x.

Which agency? For Granbury, 453.5500 is tagged as a "Law Tac" frequency in the database.

Some of those officers could possibly be using the statewide mobile frequency, 154.9500, as a 'tac' or car-to-car channel. In some systems, they'll use the repeater input, or output, frequencies in simplex mode (not going through the repeater). This is usually low power, and you'd have to be very close in order to hear it.

Remember that the only thing showing in the database here is what's been submitted as active. Pull up Hood County, then click on the link for FCC licenses, and you'll find more listings than are shown on the main page. One or more of those could be active, just not reported.

kz5x

Thanks Tom and Hiegtx. Agencies are PD, DPS, SO, and FD. All seem to use some kind of tac channel. I suspected they might be using some variation of the repeater freqs in simplex + no tone to not key repeaters. Will also check your suggested freqs other licensed freqs in county and listen for activity there.

Dan

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
Thanks Tom and Hiegtx. Agencies are PD, DPS, SO, and FD. All seem to use some kind of tac channel. I suspected they might be using some variation of the repeater freqs in simplex + no tone to not key repeaters. Will also check your suggested freqs other licensed freqs in county and listen for activity there.

Dan

If it is interop channels, you may have a lot more channels to check out as well. Possible suspects include.
154.950 Texas Law 1
155.475 Texas Law 3
154.280 Texas Fire 1
154.265 Texas Fire 2
154.295 Texas Fire 3
155.340 Texas Med 1
155.7525 Nationwide VHF Call
151.1375 Nationwide VHF Tac 1
154.4525 Nationwide VHF Tac 2
158.7375 Nationwide VHF Tac 3
159.4725 Nationwide VHF Tac 4

Status