Where are the 436's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhillyPhoto

"Due To Manufacturer Supply Issues There Is A SEVERE Backorder Delay. Please Call First."
Uniden BCD436HP Digital Handheld Scanner

It just goes to show that some people like putting out vague info about them right on their product page as well. Plus you can't always tell who is in the direct supply chain vs those having to wait for wholesalers to get them first and then make their way down to them.

"Availability: In stock"
BCD436HP Uniden Bearcat Handheld Digital Police Scanner

I wouldn't count on them having them either, but it might be worth a call.

racin06

I have never seen so many rumors about a scanner before in my life. This scanner does things that no other radio in existence can do, and people are determined to seed rumors of it's demise.

Yes, too many Whistler/GRE fanboys who can't reason objectively. All gripe and no facts. The only fact that I know is that my 436 performs awesome! Case in point:

https://vimeo.com/92891416

The 436 is the Scanner of the Year for 2014.

Soundman

I was told that the manufacturer is currently upgrading the software for those scanners, which is the reason for the delay. Someone need to start talking . I have put my order in a long time ago and I have not seen my scanner yet .

kellykeeton

I was told that the manufacturer is currently upgrading the software for those scanners, which is the reason for the delay. Someone need to start talking . I have put my order in a long time ago and I have not seen my scanner yet .

Dude seriously? Most of us had to wait, calm down - cancel your order then if your panties are in a bunch - I believe the last comment officially was at the end of the month more or shipping - is end of month yet?

lep

yes, I already own a 436

I have a 436, I had no problem purchasing it from AES in Orlando at the end of Feb 2014. In fact it was the 536 that they were out of, and they had 3 436s so I purchased one. I like it very much, it performs IMHOP as advertised. I wish the display was arranged by someone with more training in the ergonomics of graphic display and I am still hopeful that a Firmware update will clear the display from squeezing the fonts so they look like fractions. But, as a receiver on my local P-25 Phase 1 it is very good. I use Butel ARC 436 virtual scanner and from my Office I don't have to bother with the (to me) inadequate actual display.
Am I a potential owner? Maybe. If there is an update which improves the display I might get another one to travel with as the Butel software does not run of course on my iPAD which is my mobile device of choice.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
they had 3 436s so I purchased one. (...) Am I a potential owner? Maybe.

No, you're definitely an owner. You bought one.

A "potential" owner is someone who is considering buying one - but has not yet - and has questions, of which the answers will form part of their decision. The intent of a "potential owner" forum is for people who are "on the fence" about whether or not to become an "owner", to ask these questions, and those who are owners can provide the necessary responses.

People who don't own the device have no business being involved in these conversations, as they have no firsthand experience and information with which to assist the "prospective owner".

forums manager

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I've cleaned up the OT. Lets stick to the topic which is availability. Thanks.

cherubim

Premium Subscriber
Why should anyone listen to UPMan when they can listen to numerous unknown individuals on the internet forums and spin everyone up and pass around information that smells of conspiracy, cover up an just general misinformation. It is far more interesting and you can just keep the cycle running as it feeds on its self doing things this way.

Would be too boring and mundane to actually listen and pay attention to the source.:D

Not trying to start an argument but ...

Nothing can be trusted on the Net and this "source" could be no more than spin doctoring. Yes, I'm being cynical but that's what one becomes after dealing with unethical corporations and mindless idiots over the years.

silencedsoul

Premium Subscriber
I just ordered mine from Zipscanners.com and they had one left. Should have it in my hands by Friday, Monday at the lastest. I excited to play with this thing and see how it handles my local APCO system.

simiv

Premium Subscriber
I ordered mine from Ham City about two weeks ago. I got an email from them earlier this week saying they are out of stock but their next shipment should arrive on May 9th.

RT48

I ordered mine from Ham City about two weeks ago. I got an email from them earlier this week saying they are out of stock but their next shipment should arrive on May 9th.

I ordered mine on April 5th. Those 436s must still be in a container ship somewhere in the middle of the Pacific.

baayers

I spoke to Luke at zipscanners.com today and he said that he will be getting 25 436's in on Tuesday May 6th so I finally let the new scanner bug bite me. This leaves 24 more to be claimed.

Also if you tried recently to place an order using paypal on the zip site and got an error the issue has been fixed. Not only did Luke start taking care of the issue right away he also kept following up with updates every hour until the issue was fixed even after he had closed for the day. This is another example that good customer service still exists.

Last edited:

racin06

Zip Scanners should fix those annoying drop-down menus. When you move the cursor over a sub-menu item, the menu/sub-menu disappears. Looks like I'll buy the 536 somewhere else.

Update: OK, now I see it has something to do with clicking on those arrows, but still doesn't work well. Wow...I just don't see how a complicated menu system will gain Zip Scanners business. Some people just don't get it when it comes to running a business.

Last edited:

Lukas123

Zip Scanners should fix those annoying drop-down menus. When you move the cursor over a sub-menu item, the menu/sub-menu disappears. Looks like I'll buy the 536 somewhere else.

Update: OK, now I see it has something to do with clicking on those arrows, but still doesn't work well. Wow...I just don't see how a complicated menu system will gain Zip Scanners business. Some people just don't get it when it comes to running a business.

Thanks for the feedback. Hover states on the main menu is something we had on the to do list but we'll address this ASAP. Thanks again - any and all feedback you can provide is greatly appreciated. Have a great weekend.

baayers

Good or bad web sites, it has nothing to do where or why the scanners are not available.

Seem demand has outpaced the initial supply, I assume Uniden is quite happy about this.

Expect many will report back and update the thread when and where they are getting their scanners from.

Thanks for trying to get this thread back on topic.

The point of my earlier post was to point people in the direction of a new 436 as at the time of posting there were 24 left to be claimed. Here are the links to the 436 and 536 on ZipScanners web site

436 BCD436HP Uniden Bearcat Handheld Digital Police Scanner

536 BCD536HP Uniden Digital Mobile Police Scanner

racin06

Thanks for the feedback. Hover states on the main menu is something we had on the to do list but we'll address this ASAP. Thanks again - any and all feedback you can provide is greatly appreciated. Have a great weekend.

No problem Luke and I shouldn't have made a dumb comment about running a business. I'm sure you are a good business owner. Please accept my apology.

forums manager

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I've had to, yet again, clean up off-topic from this thread. Next deletes get infractions for each individual post. Please stick to the topic which is where to purchase 436s. Thank you.

JamesO

I just ordered one (and I see that it shipped) from uniden.factoryoutletstore.com. $499 free shipping, New not a refirb.

Hope this works out for you.

FYI, this company is not affiliated with Uniden and has had a track record of customer service issues.

Their website does show these in stock, so if they really have them, you should have it quickly.

If the scanner does not show up in a timely manner, I would be getting nervous.

FactoryOutletStore LLC Review - ONLINE RETAILER in New York, NY - BBB Business Review - BBB serving Metropolitan New York, Long Island, and the Mid-Hudson Region

Just wanted to make sure others do not think this is somehow a Uniden store and pull the trigger too quick.

Let us know if you receive your product in a timely manner and what your final experience was.

Status
Not open for further replies.