Where are the Ham Radios?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kg4icg

Crazy Trucking Mechanic
Premium Subscriber
And let's not forget AES, and Universal Radio.

Sent from my T7575 using Board Express

W2NJS

Caption was probably written by a person to whom Ham and CB mean the same thing; just another sign of the kind of illiteracy that's so common these days.

KK4DAN

Nap

Mhh the design of some of the CB radios there have reminded me the cassette tape and "ghetto blaster" era...

mancow

Database Admin
Unfortunately thats a bit more economy supporting than my personal economy can afford. :(

What about Elecraft, TenTec and other US companies that still make radios? Don't you guys want to support our economy?
prcguy

K9WG

OK - boys and girls. I have an assignment for you. After I found that Radio Shack says they have Ham Radios (note: Ham Radios not accessories) I shot them an email asking "Where are the Ham Radios?". I got the following reply.....

Dear K9WG,

Thank you for contacting RadioShack.com.

We do not currently carry ham radios on our website. Please contact your
local store for more assistance in locating the item you have requested.
Our store employees are ready and willing to help you in any way they
can. Below, we have included a link to our store locator to assist with
locating the RadioShack store that is most convenient for you. We
apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Store Locator

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you, and
thank you again for contacting RadioShack.com.

Sincerely,

Janna J.
Customer Service
RadioShack.com

So, your mission should you decide to accept it is to go to your local RS and ask them "Where are the Ham Radios?"

Rt169Radio

Premium Subscriber
I think RS did sell ham radios before but am not sure what time period that was.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
OK - boys and girls. I have an assignment for you. After I found that Radio Shack says they have Ham Radios (note: Ham Radios not accessories) I shot them an email asking "Where are the Ham Radios?". I got the following reply.....

So, your mission should you decide to accept it is to go to your local RS and ask them "Where are the Ham Radios?"

I think we all know what the local Radio Shack reply will be when you ask them that question...... "What's a Ham Radio?"

KC0CSE

Radio Shack Ham Radios YES!!!

I think RS did sell ham radios before but am not sure what time period that was.

As a new ham in 1994 I went to Radio Shack for my first radio....it was a hand held HT 202....5-6 Watts....it's still in use today...yes they did sell ham radios....and mobiles too....alot of the Managers were ham radio operators..back then...what a shame they are today....I can still get PL259's there...but don't dare ask the person working there to find you one.....(is that something for a cell phone?)

KC0CSE=HAM
RS HT 202 STILL HAM'IN

Status
Not open for further replies.