• Other(Where?)

Votes: 3 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

xpawel15x

You have my vote, USA.

I always wondered how exciting is Public Safety monitoring in other countries, and if it is scannable, what goes over the radio and what doesn't etc. I know we have some guys from UK and Canada here and scanning is popular there as well, what about other countries in Europe (other than UK) Can you shed some light for us about the hobby there?

jeffy

From.....

I live in southeastern Ohio (Morgan county). I wish we'd had handheld scanners like we have today in the 70's.. I was in the military in the 70's stationed at the Bahamas, Iceland and Diego Garcia. It would've been interesting to see what was on the air then and there!

jeff ... Ohio

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
You have my vote, USA.

I always wondered how exciting is Public Safety monitoring in other countries, and if it is scannable, what goes over the radio and what doesn't etc. I know we have some guys from UK and Canada here and scanning is popular there as well, what about other countries in Europe (other than UK) Can you shed some light for us about the hobby there?

In Southern Spain there were non-scannable trunking systems for most of the comms. You could hear them talking, but no scanner could track them. I was near Rota, so I listened to the Base police/fire most of the time. I did monitor most of the ships when they pulled in. For the most part, it was boring, but I still listened.

Status
Not open for further replies.