• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Where are you taking your scanner this LaborDay Weekend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

whooey

I'm taking mine to St. Augustine Beach,FL. I got my 396T locked and loaded with the frequencies for that area.

Are you bringing your scanner along this weekend?

trunker0205

Scanner (996T) will be hooked up to new Discone outdoor antenna on a 10ft mast..Should be a interesting 3 day's..not much sleep for this guy..:)

califzeph

I'm taking the Pro 96 along with us for a Mini Cooper run around Lake Tahoe, Carson City and Virginia City, NV. There are about 30 MINI's participating.
We like to keep an eye on the NHP while we are taking on the twistie roads!

scanjunkie

Premium Subscriber
My PRO-97 will be going to the Pocono's with me...The 96 will stay at home, no need for it up there!!
Have a safe and happy holiday all!!

pathalogical

We have our annual airshow this weekend. So my Pro 43 will out for some fresh air. Just as I sat down now, the Snowbirds flew by again, I guess they're doing some more practicing. Listening in on them right now.

K9GTJ

To the Purude vs Indiana State football game. My sideline meida photographer credential is ready and waiting for me...

CommShrek

I'm leaving it at home where it sits most of the time. There's a Pro-2055 within arms reach at work so I guess I'll listen to it.

mikepro96fan

Taking my new Pro97 to Ft.Worth..I am in Austin....I'm going to see my grandma who is turning 80...Family is throwing her a huge party!! I know there is alot of military activity
in the Ft.Worth/Dallas area, so I'm hoping to get to listen to such communications on my Pro97 since it covers the military air band!! (also listening to Howard 100 on Sirius now that his classic tapes are back!!)

CLTX11

mikepro96fan said:
Taking my new Pro97 to Ft.Worth..I am in Austin....I'm going to see my grandma who is turning 80...Family is throwing her a huge party!! I know there is alot of military activity
in the Ft.Worth/Dallas area, so I'm hoping to get to listen to such communications on my Pro97 since it covers the military air band!! (also listening to Howard 100 on Sirius now that his classic tapes are back!!)

Whereabouts in FW?

Ill just sit here and listen in as usual at the house. Taking it easy this weekend

n7lxi

midnightcaller said:
I might take mine to Bumper Shoot in Seattle
Or "Bumbershoot" ;)

There are a few threads about this on Intercept Northwest.

http://www.northwestradio.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=329

http://www.northwestradio.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=802

For those unaware, "Bumbershoot" is an Arts and Music Festival which takes place in and around Seattle Center (Where the Space Needle is). Bumbershoot is also a humorous term for umbrella, which is fitting, given Seattle's rainy climate.

Rob
N7LXI

K3GI

Premium Subscriber
Keeping mine home. I'm sitting home listening to my 3 week old Pro-2096 which is getting quite a workout. The remnants of Ernesto are passing through here (Southern Delaware) creating high tides, heavy rains (over 5 in. so far), strong winds etc. Lots of downed trees, power lines, transformer fires, traffic lights out, minor flooding, etc. going on to keep emergency services very busy today. Also have my Pro-26 and Pro-2035 on. So lots of scanner action right here at home now.

I'll be going to PA Sunday for my wife's family renunion and will carry my HT (VX-150) with me for the trip.

Lee, K3GI

Last edited:

rescue_pooh

Working Saturday and Monday on the box (ambulance) but will have my scanners on when I'm at the station.

countywacker

scanjunkie said:
My PRO-97 will be going to the Pocono's with me...The 96 will stay at home, no need for it up there!!
Have a safe and happy holiday all!!

Hey maybe you will hear me i am dispatching all weekend.

red8

I will be thinking of all you pooooooor souls who have to work Monday
I will be at home listening to both of my scanners my 396 and 796.
might go out and ride my motorcyle for a little bit and enjoy the nice
weather, I hope everybody has a safe weekend and please watch out
for the other poor fools who want to act up and be a bunch of stupid
Waterheads.
red8
"Go Junior, Good luck at California this Sunday"!

OpSec

Code 21, Status 7
Database Admin
rescue_pooh said:
Working Saturday and Monday on the box (ambulance) but will have my scanners on when I'm at the station.
I've been working all weekend on the desk (dispatch) and so far it's been quiet. I've got 1 VHF system, 1 scanner, 3 800 TRS system radios and my VHF ASTRO Saber and I've come up with nothing good. I guess it's a boring place to work :)

We'll see what tomorrow holds...

Status
Not open for further replies.