Where can i find: T4WIN.exe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Choffa

I was told to use this to monitor the activity of my local departments 3600 baud system rather than using PRO96COM because it only picks up 9600 baud systems.

Thanks,
Chip

Choffa

Choffa said:
I was told to use this to monitor the activity of my local departments 3600 baud system rather than using PRO96COM because it only picks up 9600 baud systems.

Thanks,
Chip

I have found and downloaded, installed the software however its not working properly, the only cable I have is the serial cable that I use to program it with Win96 ... is there other cables required for it to be plugged in order to work? I would greatly appreciate anyone who can help me with this... my instant messenger screen names are in my profile.

Thanks again

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
Please keep all of your "like" posts on the same post.

To answer your question though, you will need a scanner with a discriminator tap. That tap must be fed into the sound card or a data slicer. The sound card is easier as you don't need a data slicer.

Choffa

rescue161 said:
Please keep all of your "like" posts on the same post.

To answer your question though, you will need a scanner with a discriminator tap. That tap must be fed into the sound card or a data slicer. The sound card is easier as you don't need a data slicer.

So I'm guessing my scanner doesn't have a discriminator tap then? Is there anyway I can get a program that will monitor the activity on the scanner similar to this one or PRO96COM for a 3600 mixed baud system?

Thanks.

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
T4WIN will work great, you just need to find a scanner that has a disc tap in it. You can always add one to any scanner that you may have.

SCPD

QRT
Hi Chip;

I'll add the following to rescue161's comments.

Here is some background info on T4Win. T4Win will work find on most 800 and 900 mhz Type II systems but has been out of development for over two years.

For the present time, I suggest running UniTrunker. It is more stable than T4Win and more accurate decoding (and more protocols too). When T4Win gets a much overdue facelift (and cranial transplant) - it will be running the UniTrunker decoding engine under the hood.

Historically, trunked radio decoding required a radio with discriminator audio. A few radios have this straight from the factory. For most models you must open the radio, locate the signal (pin "X" of chip "Y"), and install a "tap" to bring the signal outside the radio. Depending upon the software, you might also need an external circuit called a dataslicer that would allow using a spare serial port as a signal input into the computer. Other programs will use an audio input - like the microphone or line input. Once you get past this technical hurdle - decoding a whole range of trunking formats becomes possible.

The PRO-96 and 2096 are unique in providing the trunking data in packet form. Sadly, this is only done for P25 signalling. The PRO-96 / 2096 can be tapped. I think most folks prefer to tap a less expensive radio. Keep in mind that the radio providing disciminator audio need only tune to the control channel - it does not need to support trunking or digital audio.

If you want to tap your PRO-96 (or 2096) - you'll find plenty of help here and on the PRO-96 Yahoo! group.

Choffa

rfmobile said:
Hi Chip;

I'll add the following to rescue161's comments.

Here is some background info on T4Win. T4Win will work find on most 800 and 900 mhz Type II systems but has been out of development for over two years.

For the present time, I suggest running UniTrunker. It is more stable than T4Win and more accurate decoding (and more protocols too). When T4Win gets a much overdue facelift (and cranial transplant) - it will be running the UniTrunker decoding engine under the hood.

Historically, trunked radio decoding required a radio with discriminator audio. A few radios have this straight from the factory. For most models you must open the radio, locate the signal (pin "X" of chip "Y"), and install a "tap" to bring the signal outside the radio. Depending upon the software, you might also need an external circuit called a dataslicer that would allow using a spare serial port as a signal input into the computer. Other programs will use an audio input - like the microphone or line input. Once you get past this technical hurdle - decoding a whole range of trunking formats becomes possible.

The PRO-96 and 2096 are unique in providing the trunking data in packet form. Sadly, this is only done for P25 signalling. The PRO-96 / 2096 can be tapped. I think most folks prefer to tap a less expensive radio. Keep in mind that the radio providing disciminator audio need only tune to the control channel - it does not need to support trunking or digital audio.

If you want to tap your PRO-96 (or 2096) - you'll find plenty of help here and on the PRO-96 Yahoo! group.

My only problem is my Pro-96 doesn't have a discriminator tap and I do not know where I can get it done at.

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
This is the best way:

Go to your local pawn shop and pick up a cheap scanner. They usually have them for $50.00 tops. Sometimes you can get one for $10 or $15.00.

Then look that model up and find where the disc tap should be and solder it in place. If you don't feel comfortable, you could always take it to someone with good solder skills. I'd do it for you for free if you were near me.

Fiveo

Scott
If I were to ship you a couple of scanners (with return postage paid) and a service fee would you be willing to install taps on them? I've tried to do it myself, with less than stellar results. -Pete

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
I can, but I like to show what I'm doing to the person that owns the scanner, that way, they can learn too. That's why I said I would do it for free if they brought the scanner to me.

I have a lot of projects going on right now, so if you shipped it, then I can't say for sure when I'd be able to get to it.

Come on down to Wichita Falls and I'll be glad to help out.

What kind of scanners do you have?

Status
Not open for further replies.