Where can I get a technician license in or near Miami?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elektrobeagle

I am eager to get my technician license, But a W4NVU does not have any exams scheduled. So is there any other club or place to get my license?
Thanks,

radiomanNJ1

Perhaps you can get them to schedule a session in your living room on a Sat. at 11AM?

Give us a break. You are not talking about driving cross country but only to the next county. Unless you live at the O MM of the Florida Turnpike and drive North how freaking far are you going?

BTW the ARRL is not the only authorized VE operation W5YI and others are out there. All are scheduled in advance so check around.

Thank you, it is just a burden to have to drive all the way to Lauderdale to get something so close.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
BTW the ARRL is not the only authorized VE operation W5YI and others are out there. All are scheduled in advance so check around.
Unfortunately, not all VECs post their scheduled test sessions in an easily accessible site. As big as W5YI is, they do not post dates, times, and locations of sessions scheduled by their VE teams. The ARRL and some of the other VECs do post this information. W5YI only gives you names, email addresses, and phone numbers of their VE team leaders so you can contact them about upcoming sessions. I find it ironic that W5YI wants to sell you license study guides, but doesn't make it easy for you to find a test session.

Links to the VECs and the information they provide about test sessions is included in the sticky post at the top of this forum. The OP was directed to that post.

Status
Not open for further replies.