Where Can I Point My Browser To Hear NIST/WWV?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JASII

Memory Capacity
I don't have access to a general coverage receiver right now. Where can I go to hear WWV? I assume that somebody msut be streaming the audio of it somewhere. I have Googled this, but I haven't located anybody streaming it yet.

ko6jw_2

Premium Subscriber
Don't know if anyone streams the audio, but you can go to time.gov to get a digital format. Bear in mind that streaming would have an unknown latency that would render it inaccurate. My SiriusXM time signals from the BBC World Service can be a couple of minutes off.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
If your laptop is set up to get it's time off the network, it should be sourced from GPS based clocks.
Same with your cell phone, but maybe you need a seconds readout?

Or you can phone them:

If you are not using NTP on your network, you can use this:

AK6OM

Premium Subscriber
www.websdr.org has many options for streaming depending on which frequency and where you want to listen from. From the west coast of the USA, I like the KFSKiwiSDR for WWV/WWVH on 10 MHz (though it is sometimes at capacity for number of users). There is an unknown time delay associated with the SDR demodulation and streaming audio, so it’s not the best if you really need to listen for accurate time transfer; but the announcements come through clearly and the web client works on my PC/Mac/IPad browsers.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I don't have access to a general coverage receiver right now. Where can I go to hear WWV? I assume that somebody msut be streaming the audio of it somewhere. I have Googled this, but I haven't located anybody streaming it yet.

If you're just interested in listening, how about connecting to an on-line SDR receiver in Fort Collins, Colorado... you can listen to the broadcast as it is received at that location, but there is delay from that receiver to you through the internet.

:

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
I would suggest that the whole point of WWV is negated by the fact there is inherent lag in Internet streams, which is why there's no live streams.

Groeteschele

If the OP said he need a general coverage shortwave radio so I think not he is worried about latency delays and such. Mr. OP go to sdr.hu websdr global tuners to listen to WWV. I used to listen to WWV until my head tick tock itself. Fun to know what purpose it serves humanity beside our SAPOS and your GPS.

scanphreak

Online Software Defined HF radio you control

Link to the map Wideband shortwave radio receiver map

Goto the site select the interactive map and select a station to control. Once youre in the receiver simply tune to ANY FREQUENCY and ANY MODE youd like to listen to.

WWV 5.000 mhz 10.000 mhz 15.000 mhz and 20.000 mhz. AM

Groeteschele

Yes for official purposes that would make much sense. For hobby purpose there are many ham radio propagation mapping systems on internet too. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.