Where did Barksdale go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snellcat

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone noticed that most of the talkgroups at Barksdale have disappeared from the trunked system. New system or what?

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
I am staying in a hotel off old minden rd and i hear the data channel but no traffic, thought i had it set up wrong

Pimpala03

I'll be in that area next week. I believe I have this system already programmed and will listen and see what I hear.

If anyone has any BCD396T files to share for Bossier/S'port area, give me a shout before next week.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
I'll be in that area next week. I believe I have this system already programmed and will listen and see what I hear.

If anyone has any BCD396T files to share for Bossier/S'port area, give me a shout before next week.

I have arc996T and UASD which ones you want, i will zip em and attach them here

Also i have some Bossier Parish Stuff i found not in the database (But i submitted it)

Attached is Shreveport's Trunked, Bossier City, Bossier Parish, Barksdale AFB Trunked, Barksdale AFB MilAir, Railroads, Misc Conventional, and LSP Shreveport tower

Last edited:

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
OK I will convert them tomorrow or this weekend

I am at my parents house (Heard a Pretty good House fire in S'Port)

Going up to Plain Dealing tomorrow to help my father at work

Snellcat

Premium Subscriber
By the way

Hey guys,

By the way, I've been searching all federal bands and so far I haven't discovered where this system may have gone. What about a Nextel based system?

BM82557

Maybe they have a new 380mhz system. Andrews AFB near the District of Columbia originally had a 400mhz system. They added a 380mhz system a year or two ago and used both for a year. This spring the 400mhz system went off the air.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
The Control Channel is still active, but i will check tonight

++++Here are the UASD Files Pimp++++++

Last edited:

Ezric

Talked to a Moto Tech the other week, he told me that they are going Digital. He said they have been installing the past month. Dont know if they arlready have converted and moved to new spectrum or what, but just what i heard. Anybody have any clues?

Snellcat

Premium Subscriber
Digital all right

I can pretty much verify the switch to digital. While I was on the base this week I put the BCT-15 in Close Call mode and heard many digital signals in the same spectrum. Now, encrypted or not? Any of you guys got a digital unit and can check it out?

pitcockm

I think their control channel is currently on 408.05
If this is them they are also encrypted.

Last edited:

ka5lqj

"BUFF" Zone, LOL!

Well,

Since I've been 'recovering' from my hospital stay at HellSU, the only thing I've kept up with is the Caddo 911 system. I don't hear Barksdale anymore on their 800 mhz channels. Could be a switch-over to a new system for better security comms.

We have a LOT of Middle Eastern folks in the area going to the area colleges and are medical students. I was "told" they are closely being watched by the Government.....but then, the "govment" watches EVERYBODY, LOL! No, I'm not paranoid, LOL! Our tax dollars going to waste watching this ol' fart, LOL.

Change of Subject: Say, has anyone checked out the mapping on the F.C.C. website? Only problem is you have to "define" the search area in km's. I have yet to figure out how to get it to do a 125 mile radius search of Shreveport for the Part 90 PW stations. I lost (crashed) the 1 gig memory stick with all the data I had gotten and logged into the Quattro PRO 10 Spreadsheet. I'm having to start all over again. :-( But, the "Good NEWS" is I'm finding MORE than before.....little bitty towns, like Elmer, LA in Grant Parish have a fire dept, ha ha ha.

All this information I'm compiling will be used (hopefully) in a good way, to monitor those stations during times of Skywarn call-ups and disasters (train chemical spills, 18-wheeler wrecks, refinery fires, etc).

My "test results" are finally in. After being in HellSU during mid-June, polked, prodded, stabbed, needled,
my MRI, Catscan, EEG, EKG, blood test, Sonagram of my neck, x-rays of neck, shoulders & back, and a Echocardiogram results are here. The GOOD NEWS is they can't find any blockages to cause me to have my "blank-out" spells where I don't know *who* I am, *where* I am, or *how* to get home. So, this leaves my brain suspect. I've already been diagnosed with moderate cognitive failure (dementia) and they seem to think this is the very early stages of Alzheimer's. Doesn't matter, I'm going to "fight" it tooth & nail, LOL! Of all the things I've lost, so far, my sense of humor isn't one of them. I have a great OutLQ^QK on LIFE and will continue so.

Well, I need some "breakfast" and another cup of my World Famous, "Hello World" (Dog gone Ya') Cajun Cowboy "Sock" kawphy. The 10 meter "10-10 'Phone contest is still going on.

Blessings,

Don/KA5LQJ

Status
Not open for further replies.