Where did E Fsihkill PD go

Status
Not open for further replies.

radioman2001

New York North Carolina and all points in between
I did a search and found no information on this question, and as I normally don't have time to listen to my local dept I was wondering where they landed this time. I have a CDM programmed for their LTR system and havn't heard squat in at least a few weeks I even leave it on overnight turned up to see if I can hear them. I now programmed all the conventional channels for the LTR system, and for over an hour now nothing. I hope they havn't been foolish enough to go on NYCOMCO Turbo system. I know they were trying to get the FD to go to it, as a security measure. What for who knows.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
They are on uhf conventional. Freqs are in the DB. EFPD 1 is dispatch and EFPD 2 is link to police 1 on 155.415

radioman2001

Well I have been monitoring EFPD-1 for over 3 hours now with not a single transmission, ( I have been picking up p-25 transmissions, but they are far away) and I doubt they are using the MDT's only. This requires some more checking.

I have found that 460.050 ( a former conventional repeater of theirs ?) has LTR key ups every 1 min like the rest of their existing LTR system.

I also noticed they renewed the old Highway 800 channels, going to have to program up an 800 radio and take a listen.

Last edited:

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
I know 460.050 was part of the LTR system if it was licensed for it I'm not sure. Few weeks ago I saw a EFPD officer carrying a Vertex EXV series portable.

I have heard transmissions on the EFPD 1 channel earlier today. Their audio on that channel is rather low. So it could be possible that the repeater is still running in wide and the field units are running in narrow.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Activity on EFPD 1 just about a minute before this post.

radioman2001

Is the Vertex EXV LTR capable? I am not up on the Vertex series, I know East Fishkill in general has been very anti Motorola for quite a few years. Going back to a problem with their HT-1550's and the general lack of support from M,

Well I might be missing something, I have had the 460.375 DPL 043 channel on for 24hrs now and heard one transmission, I think around 18:30, and I even left it on all night, but didn't hear a word. Is it that they are not using it that much?

Ok, heard my first transmission 21:06, all I can say is used very little.

I don't believe the 460,050 was originally being used in the LTR system, they have 460.550, I checked the FCC data base and 460.050 is listed as conventional only. Also I am getting blasted by Danbury Conn PD on 460.550. Amazing what only 30 watts can do 30 miles away.

Going to keep listening on all channels VHF, UHF and 800.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Activity will varry depending on the time of day. Some days they are more active then others. I can say for certain that they are using 460.375 for dispatch. At night they don't seem very busy for the most part. I have them in radios and when I'm scanning I do hear them talking. The audio on that freq does seem kinda low then everyone else so if not really paying attention it is possible to miss them

The EVX series is low tier vertex DMR radio. If the are capable of LTR I'm not sure. They might be with a option board but I'm not 100% sure.

I'm not sure what they are using for mobiles I haven't seen one of the cars too look.

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
Not a lot comes over their frequency. They answer a lot over 911.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.