Where do I find longitude/latitude for a system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

randybcd396t

Premium Subscriber
I know that longitude and latitude location data is stored in the RR database, but I can not find it when I look at systems in the website. Where would I go to find them? Are these values exposed?

Thanks...

Randy

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
I know that longitude and latitude location data is stored in the RR database, but I can not find it when I look at systems in the website. Where would I go to find them? Are these values exposed?

Thanks...

Randy
When you say "systems" I assume you mean TRSs. If so, look at the top of frequency list, you will see some links on the right side. Look at the two site maps available, these will give you an overview of the sites for the system. If you need the exact Lat/Lon for a single site, click on the site in the frequency list and it should be listed.

If on the other hand you are referring to conventional frequencies, look at the subcategory details (mouse over the little right arrow and choose) for the same information.

randybcd396t

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Lou...

I'm on the RR website everyday and could not find the information. Now I see where the data is stored.

Randy

KE5TLF

Keep in mind also there are TWO sources of location information available.

The info that is pulled from the FCC database and...
Location data that can be (but not always is) entered by a DB admin. (via user submissions, their own research, etc.)

The location info stored with the FCC license can be quite erroneous in some cases, so if there is "RR Locations" data available I might trust it a little more. Since someone actually went to the trouble of inputing the data there is a chance it is more accurate.

Also in my case, (and surely several others as well) the new statewide 700Mhz radio system being built here is being built under the FCC's statewide licensing system for 700Mhz so no data on tower locations will be stored under the operating license. In cases like this, location information is only found within the antenna structure registration (ASR) database for each tower (or microwave license if applicable) and that info will only be available if it has been manually entered into the RR DB by an admin.

Having said all that I would encourage everyone that can provide accurate "real world" location data to please do so. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.