Where do I get firmware?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka1njl

I apologize if this is an FAQ but I have been meaning to update the firmware in my 436 (with the latest version I need to pay for) but I cannot find it. Links on the Uniden website are broken and give 404 errors and when I log into my uniden account I am not offered the opportunity to d/l or buy it. Can someone please provide a link?

Thanks and 73,

Gary

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I apologize if this is an FAQ but I have been meaning to update the firmware in my 436 (with the latest version I need to pay for) but I cannot find it. Links on the Uniden website are broken and give 404 errors and when I log into my uniden account I am not offered the opportunity to d/l or buy it. Can someone please provide a link?

Thanks and 73,

Gary

From your owner's manual:

Simply connect your scanner to your PC using the supplied USB cable and select
Mass Storage. Then, in Sentinel select UPDATE/Update Firmware and follow the on-screen prompts.

There is no charge for firmware updates through Sentinel.

marksmith

There is no charge for firmware updates, which are done thru Sentinel.

The updates you have to pay for are not firmware, but additional system type capabilities that are unlocked in the firmware. You do that by paying after registering at myuniden.com

You will get a key code to enter in the scanner to unlock certain additional systems.

Mark
536/436/WS1095/HP1/HP2/996T/996XT/996P2/396XT/325P2/PSR800/15X/others

ka1njl

thanks

Thanks for the guidance. I apparently already have the firmware but I have to "unlock" the otherwise disabled capabilities by purchasing a key at myuniden.com. I'll explore that.

Gary

P.S. The link to myuniden is my.uniden.com. The former leads to a dummy page offering to sell the domain name.

P.P.S. I always appreciate RTFM answers. They are expected and as useful as you might imagine.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.