where do police ems scanner apps get there feed from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonytek7

I have seen apps in the app store with 30,000 live feeds, I was wandering where do they get those feeds from and is it legal?
just wandering
Thanks

tonytek7

Most are from broadcastify. Some use other websites also.
oh ok I guess the premium subscription allows those feeds to be used else where. I thought that was not allowed but then again I just had no idea how they did it lol
thanks

fredva

Feed Provider
oh ok I guess the premium subscription allows those feeds to be used else where. I thought that was not allowed but then again I just had no idea how they did it lol
thanks
The apps that stream content from Broadcastify pay license fees to Broadcastify.

tonytek7

The apps that stream content from Broadcastify pay license fees to Broadcastify.
I was looking around the site but did not find any information on license fees besides upgrading to a premium account.
would you have any more information on this?
thanks

scanbc780

Usually Lurking
I was looking around the site but did not find any information on license fees besides upgrading to a premium account.
would you have any more information on this?
thanks

tonytek7

I emailed but no response, you guys have much more knowledge on this than me, im coding an app that would rely on these feeds. if they don't give out permission or licensing to use them then what would be the alternative? start my own feeds? my own network?
thanks, home everyone is having a good weekend.

KD7DDC

I emailed but no response, you guys have much more knowledge on this than me, im coding an app that would rely on these feeds. if they don't give out permission or licensing to use them then what would be the alternative? start my own feeds? my own network?
thanks, home everyone is having a good weekend.

Right from the page referenced above:

We are currently not issuing additional licenses to mobile device developers at this time.

So I would guess you aren't going to be able to get the API license.

tonytek7

Right from the page referenced above:

We are currently not issuing additional licenses to mobile device developers at this time.

So I would guess you aren't going to be able to get the API license.
Good morning, yes I seen that but maybe they will reply with some type of direction.
im trying to educated myself on this, an API is just a document that gives me permission to use the feeds on my app correct?

what If I was to stream from my own scanner to my website and then make a feed to my app. im guessing at that point I would tell iTunes or google that im the owner of those feeds and have 100% rights.

Thanks to working for the air lines for so many years i was able to make friends all over the US so this maybe possible to set scanners and feeds all over.

I mean this is the last resort unless I can get a license somehow.

what do you guys think?
I appreciate your help with my rookie questions.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
what do you guys think?
I appreciate your help with my rookie questions.
You can use Proscan software and it's built-in webserver to stream your own feeds from your own scanner to any smartphone or computer anywhere that has internet access.

JimD56

KO9JAD/Fire Lieutenant/Paramedic
Feed Provider
Lindsay Blanton is the owner of Broadcastify and RR. Broadcastify is a "PAY FOR" service, it's a business, it's not for your personal use or gain, even if not for financial gain. It is there for you to listen to after you pay for it. However, if you stream from your scanner to your personal website and create your "own" app, at your expense, well good for you.

tonytek7

Lindsay Blanton is the owner of Broadcastify and RR. Broadcastify is a "PAY FOR" service, it's a business, it's not for your personal use or gain, even if not for financial gain. It is there for you to listen to after you pay for it. However, if you stream from your scanner to your personal website and create your "own" app, at your expense, well good for you.
Good morning Jim,
We almost moved to Davie, FL but ended up in Clermont Fl. I totally understand paying for the service as well as paying for the rights to use the feeds in my app but I guess that's not an option.
Im currently testing my app now while I figure out what to do as far as feeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.