Where has Bullhead City PD gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubbablitz

Channel 1 (154.725) & Channel 4 (154.115) have been down for a couple of weeks now. They’ve been dispatching on Channel 2 (155.070). From what I can tell, Channel 2 doesn’t utilize the Christmas Tree mountaintop site and only transmits from the 911 center up off of Oatman rd. so the signal doesn’t clear the Black or Newberry mountain ranges.

Sevabeva

Channel 1 (154.725) & Channel 4 (154.115) have been down for a couple of weeks now. They’ve been dispatching on Channel 2 (155.070). From what I can tell, Channel 2 doesn’t utilize the Christmas Tree mountaintop site and only transmits from the 911 center up off of Oatman rd. so the signal doesn’t clear the Black or Newberry mountain ranges.
Any idea why channel 1 is down? Upgrade?
Im pretty far from bullhead but ch 1 and 2 are always crystal clear, tac 3 and 4 are kinda hit or miss depending on the day
They also started using 158.775. Sounds like records, which was CH2. Might be the replacement
Ill go through the licenses again and see if they acquired any new frequencies

BTW have you ever listened to fort mojave tribal police on p25 digital? Just wondering because when i scan them im getting very little traffic. No police only public works type stuff and even thats minimal. Its a 3 tower vhf fiber optic simulcast. Someone suggested its possible the tower im receiving from might only simulcast if there an active user needing it.

Last edited:

GlobalNorth

Premium Subscriber
..You’d figure if something went down somewhere, Motorola Solutions would have fixed it by now.

My guess is that something went down, Motorola Solutions is ready and able to repair it immediately, but BHC didn't budget for or budget enough funding for comm. system repairs. It is late in the municipal FY 2020 budget and they probably just decided to wing it until FY 2021 hit.

It sounds idiotic, but that's the way may smaller towns and cities think. I've seen it first hand.

bubbablitz

So is BHPD back up?
They're cramming everything on Channel 2 for dispatch and Channel 3 for records, animal control, transport and the boating units (daytime). One and Four seeming to be inoperative at the moment.

Sevabeva

They're partially back on channel 1. They did some testing earlier today and have been moving some units and traffic back onto channel 1. Not sure about ch4

Status
Not open for further replies.