• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Where in the world do I find cupholders?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gilligan

Database Admin
I've gotten fairly good at installing my radio equipment in my vehicles, but not having any cupholders is driving me nuts. I've searched many websites and different places trying to find a small console with cupholders or something decent I can attach to my stock console. I've seen all these flimsy plastic things but I need something that can hold a cruiser cup or a large drink (ex. 44 oz). I could take the console out of my lumina (behind the shifter) if I found a console skinny enough to fit (about 7-8 inches).

This is exactly what my console looks like:
91chev20075-B.JPG

Does anyone know where I could get a piece w/ cupholders like the one in this picture?
tahoecop2.jpg

The problem with most of the center consoles on the net is that they are too wide for the seats in my '93 Lumina. Thanks for any input. This is driving me nuts!

Last edited:

Gilligan

Database Admin
John_M said:
Auto parts store.
Maybe I should specify that I'm not talking about window-sill cupholders. I am actually looking into screwing a between-the-seats dual cupholder onto the passenger side of the console.

K0AZV

Gilligan said:
I've gotten fairly good at installing my radio equipment in my vehicles, but not having any cupholders is driving me nuts. I've searched many websites and different places trying to find a small console with cupholders or something decent I can attach to my stock console. I've seen all these flimsy plastic things but I need something that can hold a cruiser cup or a large drink (ex. 44 oz). I could take the console out of my lumina (behind the shifter) if I found a console skinny enough to fit (about 7-8 inches).
!

Years ago I found one of these units with two cupholders and storage space for CD's (or other junk if you took up the CD tray). I remember right I just got it at the local drugstore (Walgreen's) but I have seen them in other places like wal-mart in the automotive section. My install was in a 91 GMC S-15 with bench seats. I modded it to hold a hold Motorola 800mhz unit that I used when I drove as a courier.

I definitely think that if you look in the automotive department of places like K-Mart or Wal-Mart you'll find something. JC Whitney also might have something of what you looking for.

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Browse/tf-Browse/s-10101/N-111+10201+600001525/c-10101

Max...

Gilligan

Database Admin
I actually went out and bought a between-the-seats cupholder and cut the bottom off. Then I screwed the thing into my dashboard. Works great and stable as can be. I'll have to post a picture sometime. Thanks for everyone's help.

kingpin

Trailer Park Supervisor
I have that exact cupholder in my Silverado. It's made by Jotto Desk and it runs $50. It's a heavy unit and I'm very pleased with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.