• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Where is a good forum to post jobs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TampaTyron

Beep Boop, Beep Boop
Premium Subscriber
Radioreference crew,
I work for a large oilfield services company. I have been in the electronics/radio/scanners/computers a over 15 years. We are critically short (this entire industry is!) on electronic techs. I am not sure if posting contact info is appropriate. So, where should I go for both new and experienced techs? Thank you, TampaTyron.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Radioreference crew,
I work for a large oilfield services company. I have been in the electronics/radio/scanners/computers a over 15 years. We are critically short (this entire industry is!) on electronic techs. I am not sure if posting contact info is appropriate. So, where should I go for both new and experienced techs? Thank you, TampaTyron.

I assume you're in fla. ? I do some work for a software engineer/ ham who's considering relocating to fla.

n9zas

TampaTyron

Beep Boop, Beep Boop
Premium Subscriber
I moved from FL to Billlings,MT for the job. Job pays low-to-mid 20's an hour to start depending on experience. It is heavy industrial, you get dirty and work hard, but I work between 70-110 hours a week (10 days on, 4 days off). They are a large Canadian based hydraulic fracturing company, but do other oilfield services as well. 95% of the stuff I do everyday I had never seen before my start day (4-20ma circuits, magnet picups, tons of different stuff). I received relocation dollars and they flew me up for an interview. We have sites in ND, WY, MT, TX and soon to be several other eastern US states. There are several other companies that do the same stuff in the same areas. Our competitors are Halliburton, Weatherford, Baker-Hughes, Cal-Frac, plus a ton of new companies. It seemsmuch easier to get hired if you know someone (I applied several tiems to get hired, because I did not have degree or heavy industiral experience). How did I do? TT

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
If you are willing to accept applicants from outside of FL then post it in this forum. Otherwise please use the Florida forum.

Thanks and if you have any further questions contact me privately.

2wayfreq

Hmm,
That does sound like a good idea to have a "Career Postings" section on RR. And, maybe each state have a section for it. I'm sure though, this would have to be OK with the RR Chain of Command and the recruiter and some sort of agreement I think. No?, Yes? Too far fetched? Thoughts?

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
Hmm,
That does sound like a good idea to have a "Career Postings" section on RR. And, maybe each state have a section for it. I'm sure though, this would have to be OK with the RR Chain of Command and the recruiter and some sort of agreement I think. No?, Yes? Too far fetched? Thoughts?
Maybe in the future we could have a job postings forum.

a29zuk

If I get a retirement package from GM, I may be interested. GM is negotiating a new contract right now and may offer a buy out to skilled trades workers. Have worked with 4-20ma signals and mag pickups at the foundry and many other various industrial equipment at various locations.

Jim

fineshot1

Why not create a more formal thread with more details on the job?

Either way I think it is a good idea. It is already pretty tough to find a job
but especially in the radio or electronics industry since we got the shafta
from NAFTA and most of the good paying jobs got shipped outside the
usa and now down sizing seems to be a trend.

2wayfreq

Well, that's what I was thinking; "Radio Communications" related for the most part i.e., Communications Technician, Communications RF Engineer, Dispatcher, Radio Installer Etc.

WAScanMan

Maybe even adding it as a sub-forum to the pre-existing regional/states forums. Just like the breaking news and incidents sub-forum. That would eliminate having to add a whole new section. Just my $.02.

Status
Not open for further replies.