Where is everyone ordering coax from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raptor05121

I'm looking to buy ~100ft of Belden 8267 (RG-213). Problem is, the cheapest I can find it ~$1.15/ft. I found some knockoff from Amateurradiosupply.com for $0.75/ft, but I'm afraid it is crap quality and would be worth the extra $30 to get the real stuff.

Has anyone got some hidden gem of a dealer selling the OEM Belden stuff for under $1/ft?

prcguy

Ebay. You can sometimes find new in package military stuff with silver plated N connectors very cheap, I think the last 100ft roll I got was under $20. Brands may vary but its as good or better than Belden since its all American military vendors.
prcguy

I'm looking to buy ~100ft of Belden 8267 (RG-213). Problem is, the cheapest I can find it ~$1.15/ft. I found some knockoff from Amateurradiosupply.com for $0.75/ft, but I'm afraid it is crap quality and would be worth the extra $30 to get the real stuff.

Has anyone got some hidden gem of a dealer selling the OEM Belden stuff for under $1/ft?

KC8ESL

Premium Subscriber
https://www.thewireman.com/

I order 1000ft rolls of CQ106 (RG-8) from them at least once every 6 months. Everything they've ever sent me has been extremely high quality stuff.

You'll be looking for CQ110 if you are interested in it. If you want something you can do a direct burial with it would be CQ113.

I wish more people would talk about these guys here on the forums.

http://thewireman.com/wireline.html <----- Check this out, 500ft of RG-213 for $150 until they run out of stock!

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
gigaparts

Although I've never bought any feed line from them, the best prices I seem to find on ham gear is gigaparts.com.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
$1.07 a foot for "real" Belden brand 8267 on Tessco, but you have to have an account. LMR400 (real Times Microwave) is cheaper and has less loss, if you can go with something different.

KC8ESL

Premium Subscriber
I was given some Tandy brand rg8 coax that was stiff as a board, nearly impossible to prep, and had more attenuation than a dummy load at the end of a 500ft run of rg58 at 900MHz.

PURE JUNK. Didn't even scrap for much.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
COAX

A local hamfest is also a good source for cables and connectors. Tower Electronics Tower Electronics has been a very reliable source to hams for many years. There are other vendors that sell it by the foot or precut with connectors already attached.

baltimorecs

I buy from http:/:www.jefatech.com. They have a good website and good prices. A big plus for me is that they are local to me so I can pick up. I even needed to change the ends on some LMR400 so I was able to bring them in, pay for new connectors and they installed them for free.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.