Where is Johns Creek Police Channels?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dondraper40

I used to get Johns Creek Police Department (JCPD, Fulton County on Chatcomm) on my RS Pro-106 scanner using a DB download from here (on RR) but discovered recently that it no longer receives any of the JCPD communication. (other nearby counties such as Forsyth still work). I know that the PD recently upgraded their system and am guessing it is the newer Phase II which is part of the Fulton County system. Now, when I look into the RR database for Fulton County, I see data for surrounding cities such as Alpharetta, Sandy Springs, Milton, Roswell but the only data listed for Johns Creek is some channels for "Parades and Special Events"!

I am ready to upgrade to a Bearcat BCD436HP or other compatible Phase II radio but want to ensure I can still get JCPD communication (I know they still use Chatcomm). Can anyone clarify if JCPD can be monitored if I upgrade to a Phase II radio? Is anyone able to monitor them now? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

dondraper40

Thank you! Not sure how I missed that. Do you happen to know of they are now Phase II? I assume any Phase II capable radio will work. Thx again.

kg4ojj

Premium Subscriber
The only reported Phase II (TDMA) talk groups belong to EMS. Look for the "T" designator in the database, as posted by mule1075.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dondraper40

Ok. Since I can hear some JCPD chatter on their talk-groups, I assume it is using the DDM feature and reverting back to Phase 1 (FDMA mode) when a Phase 1 only capable radio is in the mix. Guess I should go ahead and upgrade to a Phase 2 capable scanner. Thank very much.

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
Ok. Since I can hear some JCPD chatter on their talk-groups, I assume it is using the DDM feature and reverting back to Phase 1 (FDMA mode) when a Phase 1 only capable radio is in the mix.

Correct, DDM downgrades a talkgroup to the least common denominator. If only one FDMA subscriber affiliates on a DDM talkgroup, then that talkgroup is downgraded to FDMA only so long as that subscriber remains affiliated to that talkgroup.

Guess I should go ahead and upgrade to a Phase 2 capable scanner. Thank very much.

Probably a wise decision. Just about every system around town will be TDMA at some point in the next 12-24 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.