where is the 536 Phone app?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scruggsy

Premium Subscriber
when will the app that is advertised as one of the features for the 536 be available? I feel as though i'm not getting what i paid for.
i'm sure this has been asked before but I didn't see it anywhere.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
when will the app that is advertised as one of the features for the 536 be available? I feel as though i'm not getting what i paid for.
i'm sure this has been asked before but I didn't see it anywhere.

As mentioned many times in numerous threads, Uniden advertised the app as due out sometime in Q1/2014, which means by March 31.

From the Uniden ad on their website:

+App release 1Q2014.

Uniden Scanners, Scanner Software & Accessories

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
Vaporware as of yet. With the firmware updates needed I bet this app gets put on the shelf for another quarter.

brennank

I bet this app gets put on the shelf for another quarter.

Without a doubt. Don't plan on seeing an app for another several months. When we do see it, expect the same issues we are all experiencing with the new firmware. I would not expect to see a fully functional 536/App combo until late 2014 early 2015. That being all the features implemented and work properly.

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
That is not what I paid for

Not looking to pick a fight or anything, but if the app was so important, why did you buy the scanner knowing that the app was not yet ready? Should Uniden release a not-even-beta-yet app that is probably still riddled with bugs just so that you feel like you got your money's worth?

Uniden is making the right call here. You don't release an app until it's ready - period. I myself have been working on a new version of my own app (see my sig below) for well over a year. It's still not ready, and until it is, I'm the only one who's ever going to see it. I owe it to my customers to make sure it's perfect before I release it. I'm sure Paul and Uniden feel the same way.

-AZ

woodpecker

I have a dilemma, I visit the US once a year (Easter) and would like to purchase the 536 when 'in town' purely for the wifi/app functionality as there is no P25 here. With no working app and not even any details as to the exact functionality I don't know whether to pull the trigger on one or not, I think Uniden should at least provide full details of the functionality.

Of course if they meet the Q1 target and release something by end of March then that would be just the time I'm looking to purchase, if its late though I won't be back in the US for another year and I'm not paying overseas shipping, import duty and VAT on one!

troymail

Silent Key
I have a dilemma, I visit the US once a year (Easter) and would like to purchase the 536 when 'in town' purely for the wifi/app functionality as there is no P25 here. With no working app and not even any details as to the exact functionality I don't know whether to pull the trigger on one or not, I think Uniden should at least provide full details of the functionality.

Of course if they meet the Q1 target and release something by end of March then that would be just the time I'm looking to purchase, if its late though I won't be back in the US for another year and I'm not paying overseas shipping, import duty and VAT on one!

Given the various issues that have been reported thus far (that many are still waiting on fixes for), you'd probably be better off waiting for your next visit to allow others to work out the bugs first....

Status
Not open for further replies.