Where is Universal Trunker RID information stored?

Status
Not open for further replies.

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
I am running Universal Trunker. I am adding and labeling group ID's as well as RIDS. When I run the program, all the info is there. But, when I go to "C:\Program Files\rfmobile\uniTrunker", the file that should contain the RIDS (in this case "Moto1f25.RID") is NOT the current copy, it is old, last updated five years ago. Where is the most current data stored?

WyoWabbit

In a file named "Unitrunker", in the Unitrunker folder. It is an XML document. All talkgroups and radio id's are here. - Tom (P.S. this is for version 23 anyway).

SCPD

QRT
Go to an open receiver or site window. Click on the folder icon. Windows Explorer will appear. Navigate up one folder. Look for the Unitrunker.xml file.

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
Thanks guys, I got it!

Now, what is the best (easiest) way to get that data into Excel? Import from within Excel, or export into Excel?

SCPD

QRT
You can export a single system to a separate XML file. Import / Export via a format understood by Excel is a feature on the things-to-do list.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Thanks guys, I got it!

Now, what is the best (easiest) way to get that data into Excel? Import from within Excel, or export into Excel?

There's no real easy way IMO. I hand-edit a copy of the XML in a text editor like Notepad++ so that the data is arranged in columns, with tabs in between the data, and then either cut-and-paste into Excel (or OpenOffice Calc, its equivalent) or save the edited file as a CSV file and load it (both do essentially the same thing).

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the tip, Jay.

Also, to "Unitrunker"; per my original post, I had been looking in an old, inactive folder containing an older version of the program, which explains why the data was old.

Apparently, older versions of Unitrunker were installed in a folder called "rfmobile", whereas newer versions apparently don't include that folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.