Where to buy PRO106

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC0CSE

Ok guys if you were going to buy a PRO 106 would you "A" go through E-Bay?....."B" Go through RadioShack?...or "C" ?.....I don't have a C ......e-bay cheaper..yes....but no warranty....and what would you pay for a 106?.....help please....Mike

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
This is sort of a silly question. You go to r/s and buy it when it's on sale for $349 and to have a warranty with it, and keep the receipt.
Very simple answer.

n9zas

bkantor

I would have to agree - unless you find a really steep discount on eBay (in my mind at least $100 cheaper) and are willing to take the risk. I have had very good luck on eBay, only got burned once in over 100 transactions, but...with something as high tech as the 106, it may not be worth the risk.

Go to RS buy it you have the warranty. If you think about it a warranty means something possibly culd go wrong with it, so it is always a good idea I believe to even buy an extended warranty if offered.

KC0CSE

Ok it was not my intent to have a silly question.....I will go to RS for the purchase based on your opinions...wait till it goes on sale.....if it does...Mike thanks

Last edited:

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Never bought an extended warranty on anything and damn glad--cuz would have wasted a bunch of money. Example, purchased a Kenmore temperature sensing dryer in 1965 and it failed 39 years later in 2004. Could not get a replacement electrical part anymore so bought a new machine with all the money saved from extended warranties over the years and still likely had a lot more money to buy a 197 and a few other scanners. I've sent one of maybe 30 scanners in for repair, and none under warranty. That PSR-500 cost me 72 bucks--Extended warranty would have cost much more for the same three year period.

I have 6 GRE made digital scanners and had 1 uniden, which I sold due to obsolescence--3600CC only and not rebandable.
<rant>Shame on Uniden--they replaced that scanner in less then 9 months with another scanner which could do 9600CC as well and is rebandable--shame again </rant>.

NewSDScanner

I got mine on eBay. Scanner don't have many moving parts. Just make sure there are photos and a good description. But don't buy it on eBay if you're only saving a few bucks, just get it new then.

Coverted

Premium Subscriber
I bought my Pro 106 from "Great Deals" on ebay. For $324.00 it comes with all accessories. This seller is also owns a Radio Shack store. So no problem with warranty. Through phone discussion there was no problem changing the 4 rechargeable batteries and charger for the RS Programming cable. Which i needed because unlike the Gre 500 the Pro 106 does not come with the programming cable.

800MHz Scanner Antenna
Model: 20-283 | Catalog #: 20-283
Enercell™ Adaptaplug™ C
Model: Adaptaplug C | Catalog #: 273-3
Enercell™ 9VDC/ 800mA AC Adapter
Model: 273-355 | Catalog #: 273-355
RadioShack® USB-PC Scanner Programming Cable
Model: 20-546 | Catalog #: 20-54

After recieving the Pro 106 I also bought the Pro 197 base because it was a great deal. Pardon the pun.

jdm911

Or keep an eye on these classifieds, I was able to get a great deal here about a month and a half ago. Pro 106, box, programming cable, ac adapter, everything (minus the yellow battery case) for $218 shipped. I am still happy about that deal.

scannerdaddy

rs pro106

if you go to the store and apply for their credit card and get approved you will save an extra 10 percent. this is what i did when the scanner was on sale for $299.99. an extra 30 bucks off, plus i had 10 dollar off coupon good for any purchase over 40 dollars. AND you can buy the u.s.b. cable for 50% off. whew!!

Status
Not open for further replies.