Where to buy RG-11 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKolo

Anybody know who will put the F connector ends on RG-11 if i buy it from them ??
I was ready to order from a company today but they sell the coax and ends but can not attach the ends, And i dont have the strippers or crimpers.

Thanks

K

kb0nly

You can go into any Home Depot, Lowes, Menards, etc... Any of the big box stores and get the cable and the connectors, along with an installation tool.

Don't get the crimp on ones, get the compression type connectors. The tool that presses them together is only about $10 at my local stores, the connectors are about $1 a piece in a ten connector pack.

The cable can be bought by the foot off a spool or out of a bulk box, depends on the store. I bought some RG-11 to redo cable tv stuff in a house about a month ago, cost was about $.30 a foot at Menards.

If you prefer you can get a stripping tool.. But its easy to do with a knife, i use a utility knife, its 1/4" of center conductor showing, then 1/4" of braid showing. Check the package of the connectors, it usually shows the stripping dimensions needed for them. Get the tool now and your ready for the future installs!

GKolo

A 50 foot piece with F connectors both ends
2 pieces 18 inches with F conectors both ends

Do you have a source ?

prcguy

That's twice the $25 total I quoted for a 50ft and two 18" cables made with Belden 1523A RG-11 and T&B Snap-N-Seal compression connectors.

I have RG6 and RG11 aerial and flooded type cable. You tell me how many feet and I can make it with compression F connector ends. I have straight Rg6 and RG11 and also have 90 degree RG11 fittings, sorry no RG6

I say 50 cents a foot for either one and you pay for the shipping.

If you are interested, email me at mvp67@tampabay.rr.com with a subject line "RG6 and RG11 Request" this way I can filter them and tell me what you want.

Thanks
Michael

GKolo

I replaced the RG-6 with a new length of RG-6 yesterday and its only a little better than the old stuff.
Dont know what i am going to do now.

ind224

In another thread I mentioned RG11 connectors and the tool being too expensive for a one time use. I would check Craigslist, QTH.com and Eham.com for some used LMR 400 because you can use a PL259 and adapter for the F. 800MHZ and up loss will be much better as well. I don't pay more than .50 per foot.
I was going to upgrade to RG11 for my C band sat dish and that goes from 950 to 2150 from the LNB. I was hoping for a 3db gain but the cost was out there. You will be happy with the 400 and it won't break the bank if you shop around. Find out about what brand you are offered and check the specs online.

com501

Don't you read the previous posts?

What are you trying to do anyway, that a good quad 6 wouldn't do? How much loss do you have? Obviously not that much because the difference between your RG11 and the RG6 isn't enough to bother with at anything under 1Ghz.

com501

In another thread I mentioned RG11 connectors and the tool being too expensive for a one time use. I would check Craigslist, QTH.com and Eham.com for some used LMR 400 because you can use a PL259 and adapter for the F. 800MHZ and up loss will be much better as well. I don't pay more than .50 per foot.
I was going to upgrade to RG11 for my C band sat dish and that goes from 950 to 2150 from the LNB. I was hoping for a 3db gain but the cost was out there. You will be happy with the 400 and it won't break the bank if you shop around. Find out about what brand you are offered and check the specs online.

LMR400 is 50 ohm.

RG11 is 75 ohm.

GKolo

For some reason i have lost about 1/4 of my signal, I figured water in the coax, so i wanted to change it out with something that would give me just a little better signal into the radio.
I am using a Diamond Discone outside that is up about 24 feet to the tip, A 50' length of RG-6 Quadshielded cable into a 12db pre amp, 2- 18 inch pieces of rg-6 out of the pre amp into the radios.

I have one 800mhz trunked system programmed that the signal over time faded out and i cant get it now. The rest of what i listen to is VHF fire depts that i notice have a weaker signal and alot more static.
This is over about a 5 month time period that this has happened. I have changed antennas and coax and it still receives not as good as it did.
Nothing else has changed, same radio same pre amp that is working, Antenna mast is the same........
Even installed a new adapter from F to So-239 or whatever it is into the antenna....

Anyone have any ideas ? Since its cold out i can do more Listening to the radio and was hoping it would pick up what i have lost.

zguy1243

If you are using F to BNC adapters on the coax jumpers to the radios you need to check them. I found that most all of the cheap radio shack adapters wear out and present a short very easy where the center conductor of the coax meets the inside of the adapter. I stopped using them all together and now use only properly built cables with no adapters.

Status
Not open for further replies.