Where to buy Uniden?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThunderBritches

Premium Subscriber
I went to Scanner Master with the link at the top of the page here to order a BCT15. These do not come with the DIN Sleeve according to posts here. I could not find that accessory on the web site so I called them. Called several times over this morning and left my number, emailed my number, still no response. Who would be the next seller that I should check into?

Update:
Apparently you have to order the DIN Sleeve directly from Uniden. I just ordered it and ordered the BCT15 from Scanner Master. I do wonder about them not answering the sales phone line though. There have been too many good comments here for me to go elsewhere with my radio order.

Last edited:

red8

ThunderBritches
I bought both of my Uniden scanners from Communications Electronics Inc. The price was reasonable and delivery is fast too.
You can access them at www.usascan.com, the scanners I bought from them were the 796d priced at $519.00 and the 396d handheld for $519.00 and that was with the shipping already included in the
price. But I am sure they would have the one you want at a reasonable price. Good luck I hope you find the scanner you like there
red8

ThunderBritches

Premium Subscriber
Thanks guys, my DIN Sleeve should arrive tomorrow from Uniden. My BCT15 should be here Wed. I'm looking forward to joining the Uniden Crowd. I've been loyal to RS for decades, but I just can't ignore the awesome radios that Uniden has now!

trunker0205

ThunderBritches said:
Thanks guys, my DIN Sleeve should arrive tomorrow from Uniden. My BCT15 should be here Wed. I'm looking forward to joining the Uniden Crowd. I've been loyal to RS for decades, but I just can't ignore the awesome radios that Uniden has now!

You will not be disappointed,they are great scanners enjoy :)

ThunderBritches

Premium Subscriber
Another update to be fair to Scanner Master. They did reply to my email later the same day and said that they had phone problems earlier in the day. They made sure that I had found what I needed and was happy. I did order my scanner from them online.

ThunderBritches

Premium Subscriber
I got my DIN Sleeve from Uniden yesterday, 1 day early from the original estimate of arrival. My BCT15 was estimated to be here tomorrow, maybe I'll get lucky and it will be here a day early as well! I can only hope! I don't have much patience once I order!

ThunderBritches

Premium Subscriber
The scanner did come in today 1 day early. I have the ARC15 software too. I have a big learning curve to catch up on. This is soooo different than what I am used to. My Pro97/Pro2055 and the WIN97 can be used without me even reading the instructions. This is going to be much different. I have been at it for hours and have some conventional freq's loaded, but that's it. I am still clueless on hot keys, and how to set up different groups, systems, etc. Completely different animal.

DavidNVA

Once you get the hang of systems, groups and hot keys you will wonder how you ever did without them!

Congrats on the new scanner!

ThunderBritches

Premium Subscriber
I mounted this unit in dash after removing my PRO2055. I am already impressed with the Civilian Air Band. I had one spot in town where I could receive the airport tower, but intermod would destroy the signal. The BCT15 had a solid signal with just a bit of intermod, but it was completely legible. I'm sold on this unit, now I just need to get programming and using it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.