• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Where to buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bownasterm

Im trying to research the cost of buying an XTS 2500 can anyone tell me any websites that sell this radio all I can find are batteries and accessories for sale.

Thank you

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
ebay
if not there then your local motorola or communications business will be your next choice

N4DES

Retired 0598 Czar ÆS Ø
Aso what band are you looking to buy? If it's 800MHZ and new I highly doubt that you will be able to unless your part of a gov't organization and even with that it's pretty difficult.

bownasterm

Aso what band are you looking to buy? If it's 800MHZ and new I highly doubt that you will be able to unless your part of a gov't organization and even with that it's pretty difficult.

Im looking for one that would be inter-operable with a 450-470mhz system conventional

in response to brent30 I cant find where they sell the actual radio on that site?

Astro25

Search for Panter88 on eBay - he has them for just at $500 and they're not that bad of radios.

They usually come flashed with most of what you need besides FPP.

brent30

Sorry the site i provided was for accessories only, i thought the radio was on there, and there is none on ebat right now but last week the seller mentioned above was selling quite a few for $500

bownasterm

I am just researching some prices right now I plan on saving up for one at some point. Thanks all for the hhelp.

Status
Not open for further replies.