Where to buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanner90

Does anyone know if any stores have the Uniden BC246t? Mine was stolen from my vehicle and I'm trying to find another. Guess I could order online bu would rather pick one up.
From their websites doesn't look like bestbuy, circutcity, walmart, target carries them. Any ideas on who might?

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
the 246T is discontinued replaced with the 346XT... it shoudl be available in some stores that carry scanners.

unless the 246T is a huge deal (30-50% off) id get the 346XT many more features and memory and support

scannersnstuff

grove enterprises. Home

been considering replacing mine too. but i'm on the fence. hope this help's you out. they have them.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
If you are near a ham store, many of them carry them. Otherwise, I believe the only other brick and mortar outlet that sells them off the shelf is Fry's Electronics. Most sales are through internet-based etailers.

Oldglide

New, I don't think you will find one

Bearcat Warehouse shows they have new in stock, no, they substitute the 346. I just got one on flea-bay in ex cond, all access. for a biscuit over $100. Works perfect

sfgiantsradio

The Fry's close to where I live only had a demo. Another Fry's further away, had 3 I think. I guess it depends on where you live. I think that HRO stopped carrying them too. I tried to get one on the internet during the Christmas season and multiple online dealers were out of stock, but didn't post it on there website. Like I said, I ended up going to Fry's and getting it for about $40 more.

CStarr59

If you haven't found a BC246T, yet, we just got a few back through our refurb facility and are available for order from Uniden Direct Home Page.

UPMan, question for you. When uniden refurbishes a unit, does it get a new outer case front and back? Also what else is involved in the refurbishing process? I have considered buying refurbished in the past, but passed as new was only slightly more. I'll be in the market for a 396XT in the next few months and the more knowledge I have before purchase is all the better.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Most units come in and require only that the accessory set be restocked. Units with major cosmetic flaws are either scrapped or restored (more often scrapped). Refurbs are sold as "Like New Products" on the Uniden Online Store and are usually retail store returns, damaged-box items, or units returned with missing components or accessories. They are inspected, re-tested and refurbished by Uniden and sold at a discounted price.

Status
Not open for further replies.