Where to get the USAD format file in RR

Status
Not open for further replies.

lakesh_online

I recently purchased the premium subscription of RR in order to get the USAD format
files which can be used in BCD396T.

But i can not find where to get the USAD file for my county.
Can anyobody pls let me know the link in RR for USAD files for BCD396T.

Highpockets

I recently purchased the premium subscription of RR in order to get the USAD format
files which can be used in BCD396T.

But i can not find where to get the USAD file for my county.
Can anyobody pls let me know the link in RR for USAD files for BCD396T.

Here are two links for free software to program your scanner that will allow you to import the frequencies, systems from RR into your software, then you can upload it into your scanner. You save the file to edit, delete, add to, or what ever you want to always have it ready. Both work very well, I don't think the USAD software will allow you to do that. I hope this helps you! :)

http://www.bctool.org/

http://scannow.org/

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Actually as I understand it, the UASD is a Scancat clone, somewhat stripped down...

Lakesh this same question was answered 2 or 3 times in the 396 Yahoo group recently. It would be better to read all the answers you've been given, and ask questions if you don't understand. As both FreeScan and BCTool support UASD file imports, the UASD files in the 396 Yahoo group, along with asking about UASD files in your state's forum will bring results, as well as using the RR import function that both freeware packages posses. Be sure to include the city and county in your request - the more specific the better the results will be.

73 Mike

Last edited:

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Your understanding is incorrect. UASD is an internally developed package to control and program the scanner and has no relationship to Scancat (well, other than it is a different package to control and program the scanner, written and supported by completely different people).

lakesh_online

I am currently using BCD296T_USAD Scanner programming SW from uniden. It does not have any option of directly downloading files from RR.

Does BCtool and ScanNow software can get frequency data files directly from RR ?

Highpockets

I am currently using BCD296T_USAD Scanner programming SW from uniden. It does not have any option of directly downloading files from RR.

Does BCtool and ScanNow software can get frequency data files directly from RR ?

Yes, you import the imformation you want, frequencies, systems, etc, right from RR into the software, then you upload that info into the scanner.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
If you are using the 296, then ARC250 or ProScan will be the way you want to go to get data down from RadioRef. Both have the RR Import function. In fact, ProScan just recently added 396 support, so there's a good reason to have the same software for both scanners.

BCTool and FreeScan are only set up to handle the DMA scanners. The 296 is not one of them.

Your original message said you had a 396. Do you have both? (Not so uncommon...) 73 Mike

Highpockets

As Mike mentioned in a message above, if you would post a message in your state forum asking if someone already has a file for whatever software you are using may be a way to go. You have to tell the users what state, county, city, and what towns, systems you are interested in listening to before someone can let you know if they have a file already setup for what you want. Sometimes you'll be lucky and you'll get a file very close to what you are looking for, then you can add, delete, or whatever to that file to make it your own... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.