Where to start?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiabloKing

So I am looking to get a trunking scanner non digital (too expensive) for around 100-150$? The area's I'm looking to listen to is Delaware (Wilmington/Newark) Fire/EMS, Salem County Police in NJ, and Montgomery County Fire/Police (Zipcode 19456). I already listen to Salem and Ellesmere, DE Fire via my Baofeng UV-5R but looking to get a cheap trunking scanner. Any suggestions on either used or new?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Unfortunately at least some (if not all) of what you want to hear is digital - and your budget simply won't handle it.

Save some bucks and keep your eyes peeled. Our wiki category (linked below) lists everything that will copy digital - however, be careful here - there are some system types that older trunktrackers can't copy, and will not work on the new 700 Mhz allocations that are creeping up. Do your homework in the NJ, Delaware and Penn.forums and learn about the systems you want to hear - that's the best way to learn what will work for you.

Category:Digital Scanners - The RadioReference Wiki

Mike

DiabloKing

Hm didn't realize there were digital ones. I know Salem County in NJ is on their analog system 500mhz range. But like you said I'm might just save a few bucks and get a digital one lol. Thanks!

VA3CQA

Ive got a uniden 346xtc with the programing cable and two sets of rechargable batteries...its a very good scanner and it is analogue....im only selling it to buy a quad band yaesu...i sent you a pm with my email if interested

bailly2

salem county has moved back to conventional frequencies, montgomery county, pa is moving to phase 2 which you will need one of these scanners: The Uniden BCD436HP and BCD536HP, GRE's PSR-800, and
Whistler WS1080 and WS1095. all are $400+. you can get the uniden bcd436 from radio shack and pay for it with the radio shack credit card, 6 months no interest

chekoz77

Premium Subscriber
Since your on a limited budget and your area is mostly digital which will take a 300 dollar and up scanner,may I suggest SDR radio? For between 10-20 bucks you can listen to the digital and analog stuff. Something to get you monitoring while you work a digital scanner into your budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.