Where's ScanDaBands?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I agree, I believe he's owed that give his rep here on RR. I will allow him another 24 hours to produce a working scanner or a refund. After that I gotta do what I gotta do concerning the authorties.

Tom, If you read this please contact me so we can clear this matter up.

westsdad

I agree, I believe he's owed that give his rep here on RR. I will allow him another 24 hours to produce a working scanner or a refund. After that I gotta do what I gotta do concerning the authorties.

Tom, If you read this please contact me so we can clear this matter up.

Tom,

Ditto for me. If you read this please contact me so we can clear this matter up.

Sorry, but based on this thread and info from several members today, I'll give you 24 hours to have confirmation of the shipment of the two scanners (via overnight shipment) or a refund (PayPal or USPS MO). Otherwise I will also have to file with both local and federal LEO.

I dealt with you based on your feedback, and reputation here on RR. I'm still counting on this being a fluke even with what has transpired today.

I'll follow up with another PM to you.

Scott

SCPD

QRT
Tom,

Ditto for me. If you read this please contact me so we can clear this matter up.

Sorry, but based on this thread and info from several members today, I'll give you 24 hours to have confirmation of the shipment of the two scanners (via overnight shipment) or a refund (PayPal or USPS MO). Otherwise I will also have to file with both local and federal LEO.

I dealt with you based on your feedback, and reputation here on RR. I'm still counting on this being a fluke even with what has transpired today.

I'll follow up with another PM to you.

Scott

I'll have to agree with Scott. This may be a fluke, but I'll give it another 24 hours then I have no other choice but to contact the local as well as IC3.gov (Feds) to deal with this matter.

Bob

landonjensen

Its hard to say but I am sure there is a good reason for this. Tom is way to good of a guy to pull any scams.

Tom's been here way before I joined. Hes a pretty good guy and knows his stuff. I highly doubt he scammed anyone. Maybe he has issues in his life currently. I know there have been times where at my house we have had a family emergency or the sort, and the last on our mind is my moms ebay business. I think everyone is over-reacting. Sure if he had more than say 4 bad feedbacks and was new to RR, I too would get suspicious, but being a great guy that he is, I doubt any "scamming" has been done.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
His last visited date hasn't changed since I checked.

ETA: I've edited out the personal information. I don't think it's in good spirit to post this information plus I believe anyone with the ability to obtain this information is not permitted to publicly divulge it.

Last edited:

carolinascannerspy

Banned - Deadbeat Seller
Banned
Wayne,

Lets get something straight right now, first, it wasn't in "good spirit" for Thomas "scandabands" Sledge to get paid for items he didn't send off, acknowledge reciept for or reply after my Officer and myself told him on the spot to post a reply regarding this issue on this website as there are individuals who are wanting either their money or items. We KNEW by his actions there is something more to this than simply not getting a scanner but, that for sure will come out in the future if the folks who have not recieved any money or items decide to pursue this matter legally. Second, i'm trained professionally i might add, to know exactly what information i can release/post or divulge to anyone including in this forum. I understand your (and maybe some others) sourness for me posting that information but again, i know what i can and cannot post. I do need some "internet forum moderator" telling me about my job. And if you or anyone else has problems with that, then thats what it is...YOUR problem. Third, after knocking on his door several times, we knew someone was in the house but failed to come to the door. While waiting at an intersection Tom approached and asked, "am i going to be arrested?", from 21 years of experience anyone who knew the Police was just knocking at their door does NOT go up to the Police and ask about getting arrested unless they have reason to suspect they have done something to warrant it. Mr. Sledge KNEW why the Police were there and he is avoiding this forum regardless of all the warm fuzzies you may regard him with. I do not appreciate YOU taking a slight at me with your comment about "not in good spirit" as i was requested by one of the people who paid Mr. Sledge for items and did not get the item or any corrospondence from him. Regarding this matter, there isn't anything good spirited about any of it. Want to get real? When the items were paid for Mr. Sledge should have either shipped them out OR PM'd or e-mailed and told those folks he can't do it and refund the money...anything else is just an excuse in my book.

Michael

SCPD

QRT
Wayne,

Lets get something straight right now, first, it wasn't in "good spirit" for Thomas "scandabands" Sledge to get paid for items he didn't send off, acknowledge reciept for or reply after my Officer and myself told him on the spot to post a reply regarding this issue on this website as there are individuals who are wanting either their money or items. We KNEW by his actions there is something more to this than simply not getting a scanner but, that for sure will come out in the future if the folks who have not recieved any money or items decide to pursue this matter legally. Second, i'm trained professionally i might add, to know exactly what information i can release/post or divulge to anyone including in this forum. I understand your (and maybe some others) sourness for me posting that information but again, i know what i can and cannot post. I do need some "internet forum moderator" telling me about my job. And if you or anyone else has problems with that, then thats what it is...YOUR problem. Third, after knocking on his door several times, we knew someone was in the house but failed to come to the door. While waiting at an intersection Tom approached and asked, "am i going to be arrested?", from 21 years of experience anyone who knew the Police was just knocking at their door does NOT go up to the Police and ask about getting arrested unless they have reason to suspect they have done something to warrant it. Mr. Sledge KNEW why the Police were there and he is avoiding this forum regardless of all the warm fuzzies you may regard him with. I do not appreciate YOU taking a slight at me with your comment about "not in good spirit" as i was requested by one of the people who paid Mr. Sledge for items and did not get the item or any corrospondence from him. Regarding this matter, there isn't anything good spirited about any of it. Want to get real? When the items were paid for Mr. Sledge should have either shipped them out OR PM'd or e-mailed and told those folks he can't do it and refund the money...anything else is just an excuse in my book.

Michael

I totally agree with Michael. If it were a moderator involved with losing money would they be so quick to delete information improtant to recovering their money. I apologize for sounding so blunt. but this really sucks. I'm currently out several hunder dollars and it seems not big deal to some here in RR.

I'll probably feel the wrath from those who control this site for this comment.

WickedPC

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I am thinking the reason the info was taken down is because,

A. It was in bad taste to put it up. I know if it was my info the first thing I would do is call my lawyer and have him contact the admin of the website to take it down or face legal problems, then I would contact your "carolinascannerspy" Local media and show them what one of there "Finest" is doing when he should be protecting and serving "As far as I know and see from posts made there was no formal complaint made to your agency from any of the complaining agencys, and this is just you making your own investigation in to what was going on with ScanDaBands..

B. If someone was to take that info you posted and decide to harm ScanDaBands in anyway this forum is held liable..

Now I in no way "IF" ScanDaBands is scamming people condone it, but the way you handled it was not right either...

Just my 2 Cents..

Lance

SCPD

QRT
BTW- I have all the information necessary on Mr. Sledge, so if anyone else out money needs this please contact me.

Also, I will be contacting the Feds (IC3) and his local law inforcement to report this matter as thieft.

Mark01

I hope all involved in this situation get there money back.I was involved in a deal gone bad with a less than honest RR member,but Paypal came through for me and I recovered my money.
I've found one of ScanDaBands myspace pages at this link >> http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=226749044 .It looks like his daughter "Stephanie" posts there,maybe the involved parties can make contact her and see what the deal is.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I'm also going to contact the FCC, the FAA, the GSA, the DOJ, the DHS, AAA (in case he has any vehicles that must be towed), the NRA (just in case you'r denying him his right to carry a weapon), the ERA, the FBi, the NAACP, the ACLU, the AFL-CIO, my local sheriff's department and health department, the OISPA, and the IRS for good measure rofl.

I wish I had all the connections like some of you guys :)

If you're going to do it, do it - quit threatening and *****ing on here about it jeesh. You all sound like a bunch of burger-flippers turned wannabes.

Mike

WickedPC

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I'm also going to contact the FCC, the FAA, the GSA, the DOJ, the DHS, AAA (in case he has any vehicles that must be towed), the NRA (just in case you'r denying him his right to carry a weapon), the ERA, the FBi, the NAACP, the ACLU, the AFL-CIO, my local sheriff's department and health department, the OISPA, and the IRS for good measure rofl.

If you're going to do it, do it - quit threatening and *****ing on here about it jeesh. You all sound like a bunch of burger-flippers turned wannabes.

Mike

Can I buy a vowel ?

Caesar

Premium Subscriber

Mike

sounds like someone with lots of money to me. I think i would be moaning if i was out 350$ or more like many of these and i would want to know who they were contacting so I would know who i should contact other than the local law.

Btw, i received a message from him about buying the BCD996T for 350$, i am wondering if more than one of you bought that *one* radio from him...

SCPD

QRT
The longer you wait

the less chance of geting any money back & more chance for him to get away?

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Wayne,

Michael
Michael,

Whereas you make good arguments for the actions you and officer Edge have taken, posting the results of your "investigation" publicly here is not really what we want to see on RR. Based on what you actually posted, which admittedly was not much, few (if any) people would have the wherewithal to use that information. However, we (the staff) really don't think this is the place to post details of a police investigation. Had I responded to the report (which brought Wayne here to begin with) I would have probably just deleted your entire post(s) as you have no reason to be posting in this matter at all. If your help was requested than provide that help privately if appropriate. If you felt like helping then private communication is the way to go so a post to the effect to contact you for details would have been appropriate.

As to your public reply to Wayne's action, that was also inappropriate and if you would have contacted him I am sure he would have said the same thing I did above privately; since you didn't, you are responsible for this being in the public eye.

Everyone following this thread:
Actions taken by others on behalf of victims of are not the fodder for forum discussions on this site. If you feel you must discuss such things take it somewhere else. I suggest that everyone read the sticky post at the top of the feedback index. Any further violations of those guidelines in this thread will cost you a classified forums infraction, believe me when I say you don't want one.

Status
Not open for further replies.