Where's ScanDaBands?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheZach

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I think people need to be reminded that you don't have all the truth to this yet. With all we know this individual may be in the hospital, had a family situaiton come up, etc.

From what it appears this person has a very good reputation on this board - and I doubt a theif would wait as long as they did to strike. My gut feeling is something came up.

I think everyone should just stop jumping to conclusions here - I know its rather emotional when your down quite a bit of money, but if you look at this individuals past this is not charectoristic of this person.

SCPD

QRT
If something has happened to Tom then why was his PP account cleaned out and the money orders he was sent cashed days later. If everyone is so concerned about his well being I would think one of his good friends here on RR would make a point to check and see if he's okay.

Has anyone in his area attempted to do that?

I hope nothing has happened to him as well, but I think the events over the past few weeks have proven otherwise. Can someone here verify otherwise?

TheZach

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
If something has happened to Tom then why was his PP account cleaned out and the money orders he was sent cashed days later. If everyone is so concerned about his well being I would think one of his good friends here on RR would make a point to check and see if he's okay.

Has anyone in his area attempted to do that?

I hope nothing has happened to him as well, but I think the events over the past few weeks have proven otherwise. Can someone here verify otherwise?

I really wouldent trust the users on here to provide information about someone.... one user already decided to pretend he was something he was not and gave false information in this thread already.

zguy1243

I have ran upon some real weirdos in the radio hobby and some real good guys. The percentage of tripped out weirdos and thieves is alarmingly high though. And then you have the whackers that think they are cops, then the wanna be RF engineers and such. The list just keeps going. But its theses "weird" kind that you have to question.

Jody

JoeyC

People are people. I doubt the radio hobby has anything to do with it.

OJ Simpson was a great guy too, until he killed his wife and Ron Goldman.

wizardmj

As far as I know this was one of Toms Ebay user Ids SkyAuctions@sc.rr.com and none come back to him now doing a search there dosnt bring back anything. To all those out some money I have tried emailing him posting on here and no responce. If Tom had problems and was willing to deal with them he would have he has cut off all his people for money.What is going on I have no clue but he has messed up bigtime. Someone please get the facts .This is not like Tom.

JoeyC

Someone please get the facts .This is not like Tom.

I keep reading into these comments like you guys have been buddies with this Tom guy for many years. Like a neighbor, good friend, or someone you've had over your house alot. Is that really the case? All these "friends" from the internet? Do all of you that know Tom as such a great guy actually KNOW him? As in name address, phone number? Had him over for dinner or went camping and just hung out on occasion? Do your wives hang out together also? Just because you bought and sold radios with a guy over the years and had good conversation or two with him on an internet forum doesn't mean you KNOW him. You can't judge character by this kind of relationship. Maybe I'm mistaken, but I can't imagine that many of you have met and know him for as long as it sounds - on a personal level.

You NEVER know who you are dealing with when you are making deals with people over the internet and even when you think you do, YOU DON'T. :(

wizardmj

Had Toms number lost it he Has Mine dosnet call. Tom expected Exellence and should be upheld to that Standard ! Have bought stuff from him and was about to buy a buckle when all this happenend.

wizardmj

I keep reading into these comments like you guys have been buddies with this Tom guy for many years. Like a neighbor, good friend, or someone you've had over your house alot. Is that really the case? All these "friends" from the internet? Do all of you that know Tom as such a great guy actually KNOW him? As in name address, phone number? Had him over for dinner or went camping and just hung out on occasion? Do your wives hang out together also? Just because you bought and sold radios with a guy over the years and had good conversation or two with him on an internet forum doesn't mean you KNOW him. You can't judge character by this kind of relationship. Maybe I'm mistaken, but I can't imagine that many of you have met and know him for as long as it sounds - on a personal level.

You NEVER know who you are dealing with when you are making deals with people over the internet and even when you think you do, YOU DON'T. :(

So Fill us in Mr Joey.
Do you have info we need ? Nothing we already know no children here a lecture is not needed !

scannerfreak

Database Admin
Any further updates, please start a new thread..This one is starting to beat the dead horse..

Status
Not open for further replies.